PDA

View Full Version : Internet slow?

Ann
13-Nov-06, 10:37
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing very slow response from the internet? It's been like this for the past few days and I keep waiting for it to get back to normal.

Maybe it's just the cold weather! :)

paris
13-Nov-06, 12:11
Hi Ann, Yes mine really bad at the moment. I thought i had a virus but have just checked it and nothings wrong, its just very slow. jan x

Buttercup
13-Nov-06, 13:14
Good to hear it's not just me. It's been taking up to 4 minutes :eek: just to open Internet Explorer and other pages are also slow, sometimes it takes that long that I'm getting the "page not found" message - it's driving me mad[mad] Have tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to make any difference. All suggestions gratefully received.

Stewart
13-Nov-06, 13:55
Tried a spyware scan?

Dowload this (http://www.safer-networking.org/) if you haven't got a scanner already.

coastown
13-Nov-06, 14:18
i am having the same problem to ,its most anoying

Buttercup
13-Nov-06, 14:33
Tried a spyware scan?

Dowload this (http://www.safer-networking.org/) if you haven't got a scanner already.

Thanks Stewart, but already have that. In fact I was begining to wonder if the problem was all the "Anti - this, that and the other" that my protection goes through!:lol:

paris
13-Nov-06, 15:00
Good to hear it's not just me. It's been taking up to 4 minutes :eek: just to open Internet Explorer and other pages are also slow, sometimes it takes that long that I'm getting the "page not found" message - it's driving me mad[mad] Have tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to make any difference. All suggestions gratefully received.
Im getting that aswell, makes me so angry ! jan x

rfr10
13-Nov-06, 18:26
I sent a message to BT a while ago about it but they never replied. I'll try again now. Hopefully they'll let me know in a minute and I'll tell you what they said. Who's your ISP??

Buttercup
13-Nov-06, 18:31
I sent a message to BT a while ago about it but they never replied. I'll try again now. Hopefully they'll let me know in a minute and I'll tell you what they said. Who's your ISP??

I'm with BT.:(

Ann
20-Nov-06, 09:10
I'm with Orange but speed has picked up at the weekend thank goodness!