PDA

View Full Version : Caithness boys off to Iraq on Wednesday

Doug Country
13-Nov-06, 10:02
They were reporting this morning on Radio Scotland that the 51st Highland were flying out to Iraq on Wednesday to perform duties in Basra.

The 51st Highland are made up reserve soldiers from all over the Highlands and includes some Caithness boys.

Given the difficult situation in Iraq at the moment may they all get through their 6 month tour safely.

Please sign this post to show your support for them.

unicorn
13-Nov-06, 10:31
They will be doing a very dangerous job and have my absolute respect! good luck boys and come home safely :)

Ann
13-Nov-06, 10:32
Yes, I wish them all the best; may they all return home safely.
My thoughts are with their families and loved ones.

weeboyagee
13-Nov-06, 10:43
I know a couple of the lads that are going - one of them from Caithness and the other from the Isle of Lewis. Ian MacDonald is the fourth guy from the right on the picture below and due to his being called up for Iraq couldn't compete in the male voice quartet at the National Mod this year - he was off getting ready for the tour of duty. I got the privellege of taking his place - thanks Ian! Good luck to you and the rest of the gang from Caithness and the rest of the Highlands and Islands.

http://www.caithness.org/fpb/april2006/photogallery/index.php?gallery=2&image=6

WBG :cool:

PhilR
13-Nov-06, 10:51
When I did my tour in 2003 we managed a couple of days R&R in Kuwait (only an hour south of Basra) but wasted a lot of time by not knowing our way around. Now that I've been here 3 years, I'd be glad to host any of the lads if they get the chance to come down, or recommend best shopping etc.!
PM me for details.

zappster
13-Nov-06, 12:45
best of luck lads

Liz
13-Nov-06, 13:54
My best wishes to them all and their families.

Haste ye back!

saxovtr
13-Nov-06, 15:03
my mate next door neighbour is off on this,good luck lads hope you all get on ok and get home safely!!!

canuck
13-Nov-06, 15:10
Adding my support in the face of this perilous duty.

compo
13-Nov-06, 15:19
aye lads take it easy and come home to a warm welcome

sapphire
13-Nov-06, 15:32
I would like to add my best wishes for a safe and speedy return to them all.

brandy
13-Nov-06, 15:43
our thoughts and prayers with these boys.. and all the hope they make it home safe and sound.

angela5
13-Nov-06, 15:56
Wishing them all a safe return.

DrSzin
13-Nov-06, 16:08
Good luck to one and all. May you each return safely.

Big Jean
13-Nov-06, 16:14
Good luck to all . Thoughts and prayers go with you .

lynne duncan
13-Nov-06, 16:42
all our thoughts are with them, wish them a very safe time.

funky-dunky
13-Nov-06, 16:43
I would like to wish them all the best and would like to say please return home safely...

sandie

bobsgirl
13-Nov-06, 16:52
Wish all the best to the boys who are going to Iraq. We will all be thinking about them and wishing them well.
Safe return home to them!

crashbandicoot1979
13-Nov-06, 17:06
Best of luck, my thoughts go with them. Here's to a safe and speedy return home for all.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Nov-06, 17:31
A speedy safe return to all the boys. May their familys take strength from the support of all those around who wish them well and may the next six months pass as quickly and uneventfully as possible.

Sporran
13-Nov-06, 18:08
Good luck, brave boys, and haste ye back safe and well!

topotheuk
13-Nov-06, 19:45
Haste ye back safely to all of you.

mums angels
13-Nov-06, 19:47
Hope all return soon and safely

Ricco
13-Nov-06, 20:01
Good luck to them all - may they all return unscathed. God Bless Caithness! Sorry, couldn't resist that Bushism. :roll:

Moira
13-Nov-06, 22:50
All our best thoughts go with them. May all the boys stay safe & well during this unenviable task.

Fran
18-Nov-06, 01:06
Wouldnt it be nice if we all sent a letter to the Caithness boys in iraq or a christmas card. They would get lots and lots of orger post which would cheer them up and let them know people back home are thinking of them. So how about it.
Forces air mail letter cards can be obtained free and postage free from post offices and i will post the address if anyone is interested. hope you will all send.

Keith Shelley
18-Nov-06, 03:20
As an ex soldier I hope they all return fit and well

trinkie
18-Nov-06, 09:37
Haste ye Back.

Keep in touch.

We love ye all,
Trinkie

Doug Country
18-Nov-06, 13:10
Wouldnt it be nice if we all sent a letter to the Caithness boys in iraq or a christmas card. They would get lots and lots of orger post which would cheer them up and let them know people back home are thinking of them. So how about it.
Forces air mail letter cards can be obtained free and postage free from post offices and i will post the address if anyone is interested. hope you will all send.

I think thats a good idea. I'm sure things like this have been done before.

Someone from Caithness.org must have been in contact with the TA/Army to get the photos that were published on here earlier this week. Maybe Caithness.org could contact that person again to tell us how to go about such a thing? I'm sure the Army would help anyway they can.

I think its important that these boys don't feel they have been forgotten, especially at Xmas.

Liz
18-Nov-06, 14:42

What a good idea Fran.

It is awful that they have to be away from their families at Christmas so would be nice if they knew lots of orgers were thinking of them.

Fran
19-Nov-06, 01:22
As I said, postage is free, and one of the lads who went off is a friend of mine, so i will put the address on here shortly and hopefully everyone will send them a letter and a christmas card.

Kenn
19-Nov-06, 02:31
To all our friends and acquaintances in Caithness, if your son / husband is going , may they stay safe and come home to their loved ones.

Wish
19-Nov-06, 13:03
Fran, that sounds a fab idea!

Keep your spirits up lads n lasses and stay safe x

Bill Fernie
20-Nov-06, 17:02
The thread for the TA men off to Iraq has been made sticky until after New Year so that anyone can add messages, seasons greetings etc or for updates on items about the Caithness men.

A link has also been added to the front page of the web site to the Caithness Territorial Army pages for photos etc - more will be added as they come in.

The TA pages are at http://www.caithness.org/territorialarmy/index.htm

And to all of you out in Iraq we hope all is going well. We see Gordon Brown gave you a visit at the weekend.

jings00
20-Nov-06, 18:11
Hope yez all get back safe and sound.

dane miller
20-Nov-06, 19:33
All the best lads, Keep the heid doon and the chin up.

All the best

Dusty

Bobbyian
20-Nov-06, 20:23
as an ex Signaller my respect and come home safe and sound

doyle
20-Nov-06, 20:34
May you all return home safely. Our thoughts are with you all and your families.

saxovtr
20-Nov-06, 23:50
definately fran please do post that adress up!

oldmarine
21-Nov-06, 01:38
This old WWII U.S. Marine wishes the best for all of these good lads. In particular the Caithness lads who will be representing their home people. It certainly would be nice for all of this to come to a successful conclusion so that everyone could come home for good.

sassylass
21-Nov-06, 02:00
Thank you for your bravery. Safe home, and soon.

Fran
21-Nov-06, 03:41
There are several army message boards to send messages. a good one is www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/ (http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/) also www.bfpo.org.uk/ (http://www.bfpo.org.uk/) www.operations.mod.uk (http://www.operations.mod.uk) www.superletter.com/bfpo/bulletinboard.cfm (http://www.superletter.com/bfpo/bulletinboard.cfm)

lin
21-Nov-06, 15:55
Haste ye back. Stay safe

tisme
21-Nov-06, 16:10
All the best boys, will be thinking of you all. Couldn't believe it when I saw you all on the news. Sure brings it home when you see familiar faces as upposed to names in the press where you have no attachment. Keep smiling.

veekay
21-Nov-06, 19:29
Safe home.

Elenna
21-Nov-06, 20:24
Best of wishes to you all, lads, and fervent hopes for your safe and quick return home.

ala
21-Nov-06, 20:32
Brave deed by good guys
You will be in our thoughts

Rheghead
22-Nov-06, 01:24
Haste ye back safely, for the days when our shores need defending...

Dissention can be patriotic!

krieve
22-Nov-06, 13:12
All the best boys, Stay safe !

ANNIE
23-Nov-06, 21:03
I wish wish them all the best and hope they arrive home safely but lets not forget our lads in the Navy too. My son is on his way out there right now at only 18 years old but ready to defend his country.

Ann
24-Nov-06, 01:07
Yes of course Annie; we wish him all the best; he is a brave young man.

Ojibwa
24-Nov-06, 15:09
Wishing all the Caithness boys all the best and a safe return.

sids
24-Nov-06, 23:25
Will someone pass on this message to Alan MacDonald?:

Your Site fence fell down.

And have a good tour.

Fran
25-Nov-06, 01:35
Sids, you could post the message yourself on the Basra soldiers message board address I posted here earlier.

guthrie
25-Dec-06, 20:20
:Razz Hi KC i wish you and the lads a merry xmas and a good new year to you one and all,oh Kc just remember all i have taught you over the years and tell davie mowat the same.From the old soldier Guthrie take care and i will see you all soon.
Alan G.