PDA

View Full Version : PAH Checklists?

Dadie
31-Mar-12, 23:12
Why does PAH have to go through the motions of going through a tick the box sheet if you are buying a pt?We already have a hamster and was wanting another (separate cage) asked if we had them before,...went through whowe have now and what we have had in the past and yet thetick sheet questions had to be answered...bit silly considerating we have owned syrian, russian, chinese and robotski (sp)hamsters chipmunks chinchillas degus (bfore they became popular) rabbits guinea pigs and at the moment have the 4giant african land snails, 1 russian hamster 2 rabbits 1 dog 1 cat and the tropical fish before the new arrival!Shouldnt there be a tick box for has had before and knows the info!I dont mind the questions but it really must waste time.....Ps I wasnt bothered about what type of hamster we got for Lauren temperment was more important than type as some can be vicious and that is not desirable in a childs pet!

unicorn
31-Mar-12, 23:17
I would rather 100 check lists than animals be given out randomly, unfortunately a check list does not stop people from telling lies and saying they know it all. Being honest I think people should have to pass some sort of general knowledge test before getting any animal to prove they are capable of caring for it correctly, animals need more than love and good intentions.

Dadie
31-Mar-12, 23:43
The checklist didnt seem comprehensive enough for 1st time owners but silly for 2nd time round and more owners .,........it doesnt actually check who is a good owner and who isnt!

unicorn
31-Mar-12, 23:46
You have to take tests for all sorts of things in life, why not one to prove basic knowledge, makes perfect sense to me. It does not have to be written just a general question and answer of random questions.

changilass
31-Mar-12, 23:59
Wouldnae work if it was shop assistants asking, how could you stop them from telling thier mates all the answers.

unicorn
01-Apr-12, 00:04
Well at least it would be giving them the info at the same time, I once had a person call me genuinely looking for a pet rabbit and while I was going through my horror check lol they said, a rabbit only needs fed once a week though yes??????? I put them straight but I can assure you they got nothing from me, another prime example I want a rabbit to teach my 2 year old how to be more responsible...eh says I... so you are going to supervise the child with the rabbit and make sure they learn to respect the animal....no says the person, it is a small animal that she can look after herself, errrrrr nooooo. I have had some very scary phone calls.