PDA

View Full Version : Political Forum?

Iffy
30-Mar-12, 17:33
I, for one, get extremely tired of reading "New Threads" only to discover the same old; same old ......politics obviously mean a lot to those who initiate such threads.....but there are some of us who, honestly, don't really care about such ! [disgust]

Possibly a new section, for certain observations and/or arguments with regards to anything political, could be implemented ?

I am beginning to think that the "General Forum" has become a "sounding board" off which, certain members find that they can convey their political ideas/thoughts/concerns to those who are are not even remotely interested......:roll:

focusRS
30-Mar-12, 17:41
Good idea.

changilass
30-Mar-12, 17:57
The problem with this idea is that just about everything would need to go into the new section, as politics is part of nearly everything.

sids
30-Mar-12, 19:20
I am beginning to think that the "General Forum" has become a "sounding board" off which, certain members find that they can convey their political ideas/thoughts/concerns to those who are are not even remotely interested......:roll:

Part of the problem is that the Org's political pipsqueaks want to bombard normal (not remotely interested) people with all that stuff. They would avoid a political forum.

squidge
30-Mar-12, 21:13
the Org's political pipsqueaks .I know, I know, I know..... Hangs head in shame .... Sigh

John Little
30-Mar-12, 21:15
Yes.

Sigh.

T'is a terrible thing so it is, to be forced to read all this stuff against our will.

Corrie 3
30-Mar-12, 21:24
the Org's political pipsqueaks
Guilty as charged, but under European Law we cant be flogged or whipped !!!!
As for moving us to a separate Forum, I think you will find that violates our Human Rights!!!
So there!!!!!!!!!!

C3...................:roll:;);)

Walter Ego
30-Mar-12, 21:25
I, for one, am disillusioned with endless pleas upon this forum for pointless sub-categories.

Just don't read the thread.

Corrie 3
30-Mar-12, 21:29
I, for one, am disillusioned with endless pleas upon this forum for pointless sub-categories.

Just don't read the thread.

Cor Blimey Walter, I thought the Vampires in Portgower had got hold of you by the neck, never to be seen again.
Welcome back, my day just got better !!!!

C3..........................:);)

Moira
30-Mar-12, 23:34
I, for one, get extremely tired of reading "New Threads" only to discover the same old; same old ......politics obviously mean a lot to those who initiate such threads.....but there are some of us who, honestly, don't really care about such !
<snip>
Possibly a new section,

I would agree with you to an extent except to say that I am interested in politics.

I think a separate section for Politics might be a good idea. It would need to include a Glossary explaining certain terms used on this forum without explanation......

secrets in symmetry
30-Mar-12, 23:40
I think a separate forum for Politics would be a very bad idea.

The great strength of this place is that Tam, Dick and Harriet are kept together in the General forum. Break that and you break the coherence of the forum. The County's coherence works in much the same way.

If you don't like (the look of) a thread, don't read it.

squidge
30-Mar-12, 23:51
Sis what were you doing in Inverness today? I saw your two big wagons with"SiS live" on the side. Seemed a bit excessive for a shopping trip!

secrets in symmetry
31-Mar-12, 00:01
I was checking out lunch venues in the City.

oldmarine
31-Mar-12, 00:11
It used to be only the news papers, but now the Internet smothers us with politics. It's difficult to get away from this over welming political garbage. It appears this Forum is no exception.

ducati
31-Mar-12, 07:16
I would agree with you to an extent except to say that I am interested in politics.

I think a separate section for Politics might be a good idea. It would need to include a Glossary explaining certain terms used on this forum without explanation......

Oh Oh I know I know. Like; Windbag, Idiot, Commy, Hippy......:D

sids
31-Mar-12, 07:34
Anyway, what's Howling Laud Hope saying about George Galloway splitting the loony vote in Bradford?

squidge
31-Mar-12, 08:54
Sids!!!!!!! You dont want us pipsqueaks to talk about politics lol lol.

Rheghead
31-Mar-12, 09:49
Instead of a political forum, how about an apolitical forum where it is against the rules to post political stuff?

Or Heavy Stuff and Non-Heavy Stuff?

Corrie 3
31-Mar-12, 10:46
Instead of a political forum, how about an apolitical forum where it is against the rules to post political stuff?

Or Heavy Stuff and Non-Heavy Stuff?
Instead of that, what about a Scientists Forum..(pretend scientists included). Then we can all stay clear of it!!!

C3................:eek:;)

RecQuery
31-Mar-12, 11:03
The problem with this idea is where do you stop and how do you categorise stuff, politics is one of those things that permeates everything. What would you have posted in the general forum?

The problem with a lot of people is they'd much rather discuss what happened on Celebrity-X-Dancing-On-Ice-Factor-Get-Me-Out-Of-Here or some other inconsequential crap.

Corrie 3
31-Mar-12, 11:05
The problem with a lot of people is they'd much rather discuss what happened on Celebrity-X-Dancing-On-Ice-Factor-Get-Me-Out-Of-Here or some other inconsequential crap.
That reminds me............Anyone know what time Tesco opens today?

C3.................:roll::roll::roll:

Alrock
31-Mar-12, 11:14
That reminds me............Anyone know what time Tesco opens today?

C3.................:roll::roll::roll:

More importantly... Do they have any petrol left?

Corrie 3
31-Mar-12, 12:59
Now that is political Alrock !!! lol

C3..........;)

Alrock
31-Mar-12, 13:02
Now that is political Alrock !!! lol

C3..........;)

Oops......

Rheghead
31-Mar-12, 17:01
Instead of that, what about a Scientists Forum..(pretend scientists included). Then we can all stay clear of it!!!

C3................:eek:;)

What about a Numbskull Forum? You can entertain yourself no end then!

Corrie 3
31-Mar-12, 17:21
What about a Numbskull Forum?
Good idea to put the Numbskull and (Pretend) Scientist Forum into one Rheggy, after all, they are one of the same aren't they....... Especially when they get windy!!
They tell me Gaviscon is quite good as a cure!!

C3.............:roll:

Rheghead
31-Mar-12, 18:49
I thought you would have come up with summat a bit more witty and less boring than that.

Moira
31-Mar-12, 19:18

Well they did earlier although I left their supply a little lighter. No signs of panic buying either. :D

What about a Numbskull Forum? You can entertain yourself no end then!

Good idea to put the Numbskull and (Pretend) Scientist Forum into one Rheggy, after all, they are one of the same aren't they....... Especially when they get windy!!
They tell me Gaviscon is quite good as a cure!!
C3.............

Shame on both of you to try and spoil the fun for the rest of us. I couldn't in all conscience post on a Numbskull forum and Science beyond Secondary School level is gobbledegook to me. Let's keep both in General please. ;)

As for Gaviscon, I gave it up, horrible stuff......

John Little
31-Mar-12, 22:12
Absolutely no banter about Geordie Galloway - this thread has worked!!

Aaldtimer
01-Apr-12, 03:19
Absolutely no banter about Geordie Galloway - this thread has worked!!

Miss this John? http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?173635-Labour-party&p=940360#post940360 :)

John Little
01-Apr-12, 07:23
Aha!! Yes - missed it - thanks! :)

But no thread though!!

sids
01-Apr-12, 09:39
I left their supply a little lighter. ....

Tesco Wick branch, yesterday:

.http://www.arabianoilandgas.com/pictures/gallery/Stock/explosion.jpg