PDA

View Full Version : Cats eating human question?

grantyg
12-Nov-06, 11:03
I have always wondered about this ....................
You hear stories of old people who have died and not been found for a while, and when they open the door a healthy looking pet cat appears and the body has been nibbled.

What hapens to these cats do they go to a cat home and get re homed?
I`m quite worried by the look my cat harli gives me I think she could a human muncher.

Tiger Jones
12-Nov-06, 11:29
Pussycats have better taste than to eat nasty human flesh!

Big cats, on the other hand... http://www.hibs.net/message/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

martin macdonald
12-Nov-06, 14:22
I have always wondered about this ....................
You hear stories of old people who have died and not been found for a while, and when they open the door a healthy looking pet cat appears and the body has been nibbled.

What hapens to these cats do they go to a cat home and get re homed?
I`m quite worried by the look my cat harli gives me I think she could a human muncher. na! its rats:eek:

unicorn
12-Nov-06, 14:26
I suppose it's survival of the fittest, if the cat is starving it is going to eat anything it can if it is trapped.

grantyg
12-Nov-06, 18:16
but my worry is some poor family get a granny munching moggie

connieb19
12-Nov-06, 18:20
Maybe you should put Harli to the test, try not feeding him for a few days just to see what happens. :eek:

Billy Boy
12-Nov-06, 18:27
Maybe you should put Harli to the test, try not feeding him for a few days just to see what happens. :eek:

the only thing with that lol, what if she start's nibbling in the middle of the night:eek:

Errogie
12-Nov-06, 20:59
It depends whether your cat likes its meal warm or cold.

I think most owners would prefer to think that they'd helped to prevent their beloved pet's demise if that meant a bit less to put in the ground. The ideas more shocking to the people who have to tidy up than to the corpse.
There have been quite a few accounts of people in seige situations eating domestic pets and even the contents of a zoo or two.

David from Stockport
13-Nov-06, 00:43
It would depend on how long the body has been dead , after a short while the body just turns to goo and it would make it easy to eat then anyway people eat people in extreme circumstances it doesnt mean that after a cat has tasted human when forced to or die that it will decide that 8/10 cats prefer human s to whiskas.