PDA

View Full Version : Titanic

chocolatechip
27-Mar-12, 14:13
Did any one watch the new version of the Titanic and what did you think of it? If I remember right they have missed out quite alot of bits, however it was very good!!!

regalkings
27-Mar-12, 14:32
Its a tv series, they are not going to put everything that was in the original film in it not to mention the actors & director are not in the same league as the original cast & director so its to be expected that parts are missing, not watched it myself yet but I am wanting to

Even Chance
27-Mar-12, 15:31
Its a tv series, they are not going to put everything that was in the original film in it not to mention the actors & director are not in the same league as the original cast & director so its to be expected that parts are missing, not watched it myself yet but I am wanting to

Dinna bother. I wis all hyped up aboot it and was let down badly. I managed to watch 25 mins or so of the dross before switching the channel.[disgust]

billmoseley
27-Mar-12, 20:58
it all seems a little over the top for a ship that didn't even finish it's first voyage and the bloke steering didn't even see a bloody great iceberg. it's been done to many times now and should we really be celebrating the death of so many people

annemarie482
27-Mar-12, 21:15
i also watched it and will watch again this weekend....

my thoughts on it...

i thought it was a bit slow to get into, jumped back and fore a bit.
then all of a sudden we're sinking and everyones getting off,
there seemed to be a lot of dramatic music but a (drama deflating) big lack of urgency to get off :confused (where the film showed well and built suspence)
got the impression from the clips of this weeks one, we're jumping back again to before hitting the iceberg to view story from another angle. more confusion!
anyway, i'll watch again this week, as sometimes things take a while to get into, or they're laying the ground work for something big. who knows!
but overall, very over advertised and many of my friends who watched it were also disappointed.

in all fairness though, they did such a good job of the film, its hard not to compare the drama.....