PDA

View Full Version : older sweets

danc1ngwitch
11-Nov-06, 21:44
Does anyone recall the bar that was called nutty ??
Or the crisps that only lasted a short time called Fangs??
I wonder do u still get the Texan bars?? Lol they would pull ur teeth out..[lol]

coastown
11-Nov-06, 22:00
puff candy yummy yummy

footie chick
11-Nov-06, 22:00
This is a lethal site especially considering the current dental situation :eek:
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/index.php?osCsid=1f3ac65ec31fc3f59f28b29805b6095a

coastown
11-Nov-06, 22:04
brings back a lot of memories looking at that site footie chick

danc1ngwitch
11-Nov-06, 22:04
I have all of ma teeth they white and strong,, well i am gettin older now but i have never had nothing wrong wea them and all i'v ever needed was a polish... I love sweets... I brush ma teeth once a day in the morning only... Maybe i am just one of the lucky ones or .. oh nooooo worse still, one of the ones wea heaps oh slevers in ma mouth .. .lol[lol]

Saxo01
11-Nov-06, 22:59
Id never accuse you of sleverin Danc1nwitch ;)

connieb19
11-Nov-06, 23:03
Tootie Frooties or spangles mmm.

Piglet
11-Nov-06, 23:12
I wonder do u still get the Texan bars?? Lol they would pull ur teeth out..[lol]

I mind nutty. I seen them not that long ago in Woolies well 6months cos i bought 1 but not as good as they were or maybe nothing is as good as when you were little. Gee whiz i'm getting old [lol]

footie chick
11-Nov-06, 23:41
[quote=Piglet;159398]I mind nutty. I seen them not that long ago in Woolies well 6months cos i bought 1 but not as good as they were or maybe nothing is as good as when you were little. Gee whiz i'm getting old
quote]

I know a lot of sweeties that we had as younger ones[lol] dont taste as good today or is it our taste buds??:confused:

topotheuk
12-Nov-06, 00:06
thick milk chocolate to your delight!!

Dancing Witch, the Spar in Castletown had Texan bars a couple o months ago cos I bought one, but don't know if they still do them

sapphire
12-Nov-06, 00:07
Saxo01 do you mean.....'Nuts , whole hazelnuts .....Whoa!...Cadburys take them and they smother them in chocolate!......'
or words to that effect?;)

It's ok I've now stopped dancing around the room!:roll:

topotheuk
12-Nov-06, 00:08
I think Sax was referring to....Topics

coastown
12-Nov-06, 00:11
anyone remember old english spangles my granny always had a packet in her bag

sapphire
12-Nov-06, 00:25
Coastown,I remember the old english spangles too! but I didn't like them all and used to pick out the ones I did like!
My granny used to like 'sweet tobacco' which was quite nice but looked a bit like a bag of worms......if I remember correctly!

coastown
12-Nov-06, 00:53
you jogged my memory there sapphire sweet tobacco , i remember them my grandfather used to like oddfellows and striped cinamon balls, dont know if they are still on the go

melted_wellie
12-Nov-06, 00:57
Tootie Frooties or spangles mmm.
you still get tooty frootys

Piglet
12-Nov-06, 00:57
Some of the old sweeties are still on sale in Brass's Or Cardosie's Video shop in Thurso.
Still get tooty fruity in somerfield

kwbrown111
12-Nov-06, 01:05
Oh stop it i'm getting hungry now. any sweet now has shrunk

lin
12-Nov-06, 03:01
kola cubes penny daintys,and an ice loly at Mrs Gallachers shop in Papigoe. Nothing tasted so good!!!!;)

Kolskegg
12-Nov-06, 10:07
The aztec bar. It was re-released a few years back, but nowhere near as good as I remember.

zappster
12-Nov-06, 10:18
They rereleased the texan bars a few months ago but I never saw them again..I found them in a shop in dyce & Bought a dozen.. best sweetie ever!!

danc1ngwitch
12-Nov-06, 17:27
an the lil balls ( crisps ) called football crazy's... ma older sis used ta buy me a pack ta keep me quiet ...lol ...

Billy Boy
12-Nov-06, 17:55
dont know if i should say this but here go's anyway, does anyone remember black jack's they no half used to put your tounge black[lol]

Just a thought with the P.C. Brigade they probably are called something else by now, had my 5 years old ask me today what is a rainbow sheep as they now sing that at school instead of bah bah black sheep:eek:

connieb19
12-Nov-06, 18:01
dont know if i should say this but here go's anyway, does anyone remember black jack's they no half used to put your tounge black

Just a thought with the P.C. Brigade they probably are called something else by now, had my 5 years old ask me today what is a rainbow sheep as the now sing that at school instead of bah bah black sheep:eek:
They are still called Black Jacks and you can still buy them. I know what you mean though, it's a wonder they've not been renamed. :eek:
Bah Bah rainbow sheep, I thought someone was kidding when they told me this. What on earth is a rainbow sheep, must be really confusing for small kids. What was your reply to your daughter?

Billy Boy
12-Nov-06, 18:12
They are still called Black Jacks and you can still buy them. I know what you mean though, it's a wonder they've not been renamed. :eek:
Bah Bah rainbow sheep, I thought someone was kidding when they told me this. What on earth is a rainbow sheep, must be really confusing for small kids. What was your reply to your daughter?

lol a told her the truth there no such a thing, it's Bah Bah Black sheep it was good enough for us when we were kids so its good enough for my kids to.
I'm not gonna lie to her, told her when the sheep gets clipped they can make the wool rainbow colours but not the sheep:roll:

98elite
12-Nov-06, 18:34
We visited the sweet factory at "Beamish Outdoor Museum" near Newcastle a couple of years back, a wonderful place, the factory was great, they had all the classics from the early 1900's and made them in front of you.

heres a link

http://www.beamish.org.uk/guide-town.html

bosco
12-Nov-06, 21:43
lucky tatties, i remember when we used to buy them at 10 for an old penny it was the small tatties then .but you could buy the big ones at the sweet factory in ballater where they make them,plus other old favourites:Razz

pultneytooner
12-Nov-06, 21:47
Teaxans were on sale last year as a retro campaign.

girnigoe
12-Nov-06, 23:39
Does anyone remember Beta Bars?

They were delicious!! Sort of rice crispie things covered in hard toffee.

Yum Yum :grin:

mareng
12-Nov-06, 23:53
Aztec bars (with white nougat instead of brown, like Mars)

Amaizin' Raisin Bars (think you can figure that one out)

Flying Saucers (From Low-Joe's. Rice paper filled with sherbert)

Sherbert Dabs (maybe you still get them?)

scorrie
13-Nov-06, 00:24
Donnie MacKay's shop used to sell some sweeties you never seemed to get elsewhere. I recall Nunch, Nudge and Yankee bars in there.

Other treats that seemed to vanish were Welcome, Summit, Cabana, Banjo (formerly Trophy), Football Chum chews, Pink Panther bars, Kung Fu crisps, Rock and Roller crisps (crisp and crunchy, light and munchy, bet yer gonna like them)

Texan Bar advert:-

"One last request Gringo"

"Guess ah'll finish off this here Texan Bar por favor"

By the time our hero gets through the mighty chew, the banditos have fallen asleep and Tex makes his escape. "Sure is one helluva bar"

Sadly Tex died shortly afterwards due to complications from Acne and Diabetes.

Bobinovich
13-Nov-06, 11:20
Oooh Cabana bars - that takes me back - a bit like Bounty but with cherry pieces in if I remember rightly - Yum!

Anyway, I was checking through lost property at Miller Academy this morning, looking for my sons glove (just the right hand of course, LOL!) and a classroom assistant I know walked past asking what I was looking for.

We couldn't find the glove, but in amongst all the clothes was a Topic (!)

As she headed back to class I lilted "What has a hazelnut in every bite" to which she instantly replied "Thick milk chocolate for your delight" and we both grinned - a blast from the past, shared and remembered with joy!

Buttercup
13-Nov-06, 13:27
This is a lethal site especially considering the current dental situation :eek:
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/index.php?osCsid=1f3ac65ec31fc3f59f28b29805b6095a

Can thoroughly recommend this website. Their Sweet Tobacco is out of this world ~ but cost a fortune compared with the Spanish Gold we used to buy in the "Pie Shop" on the way to school!

dan67
13-Nov-06, 14:17
What About The Orkney Crisps They Were Good

Donnie
13-Nov-06, 14:23
This a good site for all your sweet tooth needs - http://www.bagofsweets.com

I rememebr recently they did have Texan bars but not sure if they still do. A lot of oldies on that site though.

lexie
13-Nov-06, 18:07
I remember when i was a wee lassie..and my mam and dad were at the bowling at St Fergus....going up to Stella's Sweetie shop and getting Tobermorrie tatties...had a wee pink plastic baby stuck in it!:lol: No health and safety then:lol:

George Brims
13-Nov-06, 18:14
The sweetie shop in the back of the indoor market in Inverness has a lot of the old-fashioned sweeties, measured out in metric nowadays of course. They also have Capaldi's ice cream.