PDA

View Full Version : update!! got my burmese python!!!!!

dbooth82
23-Mar-12, 15:46
hi every1 i got my burmese python on wed! was so excited!lol.. anyway he's a cb11 normal poss het albino! lovely snake,here's a few pics! and his name is " Little Kris "

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s434/kris19881/pics1016.jpg

and a few feeding pics of him eatin his 1st meal a large rat weaner,he seemd to like it!

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s434/kris19881/pics1022.jpghttp://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s434/kris19881/pics1027.jpg

jac1791
23-Mar-12, 18:59
What a shame, Poor Rat!

dbooth82
23-Mar-12, 22:07
What a shame, Poor Rat! its frozen/thawd! plus my boy has to eat :)

fudge100
24-Mar-12, 15:08
Cracking pics.People forget snakes have to eat.

dbooth82
24-Mar-12, 15:33
Cracking pics.People forget snakes have to eat. thanks,yeah i no i think some ppl think snakes eat beans on toast!:lol:

Sarah
24-Mar-12, 23:42
What a stunning snakey!

dbooth82
24-Mar-12, 23:56
What a stunning snakey! thank you :)

Bruce
25-Mar-12, 00:01
nice looking snake!not for me though!!how you gonna cope wen its 30ft???and wants to eat you??

demac-artist
25-Mar-12, 01:28
Second pic : well I guess the weaner rat never got a chance to talk to Mystic Meg!!!! Love the little caption bubble " GOD..I'm Sorry.."

Final Pic : your baby is talking a tail or 2 and laughing all the way to the tank!!

Sorry couldn't resist!! Lovely colours you should be proud! :O)
De

dbooth82
25-Mar-12, 09:29
nice looking snake!not for me though!!how you gonna cope wen its 30ft???and wants to eat you?? alrite bruce i think you should get bk into snakes :) il be glad if he gets to 10-12ft,am in the process of hook training him as i no they have a crazy feedin response but i no il get tagged sometime :) kris

Second pic : well I guess the weaner rat never got a chance to talk to Mystic Meg!!!! Love the little caption bubble " GOD..I'm Sorry.."

Final Pic : your baby is talking a tail or 2 and laughing all the way to the tank!!

Sorry couldn't resist!! Lovely colours you should be proud! :O)
De thanks :lol:

jac1791
25-Mar-12, 13:28
You not scared he will size up your son & daughter some day as dinner??

dbooth82
25-Mar-12, 20:35
You not scared he will size up your son & daughter some day as dinner?? its not like the snake will be roaming the house unsupervised! there's more dog attacks a year that ppl gettin eatin by snakes,ur just thinkin bout the worse case scenario! my daughter wont be gettin to hold a giant like that herself anyway. she would get to hold the tail end with me at the head end! she gets a wee shot of my corn and royals but thats it,i wouldnt put her in any danger. the bigger snakes are for me to handle,i handle all of my snakes everyday apart from sheddin/feeding,digesting to tame them as much as possible! no offense but u dont no what ur on about! am just sharing pics,i never put a post askin for opinionated ppl to write on it

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-12, 22:38
Aw that is an amazing looking burm! Mega jealous :) I wudna like to be tagged by one of those when its big, but thats all the more fun i guess. And btw i think the tail end can be more deadly than the head one if u know what i mean! The amount of times (yuck just thinking of it) that i have been holdin my corn and out it squirts! Smells VILE so i cant imagine what a big burm poo will be like lol.

Gorgeous though :) xx

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-12, 22:45
You not scared he will size up your son & daughter some day as dinner??

If this was a serious comment then i cant help but laugh! Snakes dont just go and eat kids and people as they please. I have a few friends and family who arent keen on my choice of pet, but im not bothered. And the fact is, i know for a fact my snake wouldnt hurt anyone, same as OP, these snakes are tamed and handled regularly so they learn not to be so fiesty around people. They do infact make amazing pets. :)

dbooth82
26-Mar-12, 08:03
thanks so much shelley for the support,glad to see there's more snake keepers out there!:) yea i think the poop's when he gets bigger will stink.lol..the burms pee is potent stuff.lol.. but sayin that my corn stinks and hate when they squirt mines has got me and my girlfriend b4,must be a corn thing!lol..yea ppl dont understand how tame snakes can be and how addictive they are! wonder wat ppl will say when i post pics of my baby female albino burm am gettin in may/june time :)

dbooth82
26-Mar-12, 08:24
also shelley if ur really into speakin bout snakes lookin at pics n stuff join the forum am on RFUK,great place for all reptile keepers!:)

Bruce
26-Mar-12, 18:32
the boa i had has put me of them!!it smelt my lizard on me and thought i was one two!!!it attacked me gave me the fright of my life.think i will stick to the tortoises now!
keep the pics coming.he is a cracker.ther is a rat breeder in castletown if your ever stuck.

dbooth82
26-Mar-12, 18:47
the boa i had has put me of them!!it smelt my lizard on me and thought i was one two!!!it attacked me gave me the fright of my life.think i will stick to the tortoises now!
keep the pics coming.he is a cracker.ther is a rat breeder in castletown if your ever stuck. lol i mind u sayin in the bakery a while bk she was quite the size for a boa!:) i see ur on RFUK sellin ur tortoises,how u gettin on with that? i thought that things are hard to keep no? yea il keep the pics comin as he grows!:) il keep that in mind about the rats if am ever stuck,cheers!

Bruce
26-Mar-12, 19:55
i. the breeding is doing well starting to sell a few down the rd aswell as up here.someone bought from cardiff.so they are getting around.i find them easy enough to keep like.

dbooth82
26-Mar-12, 20:13
i. the breeding is doing well starting to sell a few down the rd aswell as up here.someone bought from cardiff.so they are getting around.i find them easy enough to keep like. ats good,u just gotta build a name for ursel! word must be gettin about! good luck with that!

jac1791
27-Mar-12, 16:28
I didn't mean offence, just remember reading about the snake that a lady thought was being friendly and lying on bed beside her and the vet said get rid as it was sizing her up for eating and she had had it for years without any problems.

ShelleyCowie
29-Mar-12, 22:11
thanks so much shelley for the support,glad to see there's more snake keepers out there!:) yea i think the poop's when he gets bigger will stink.lol..the burms pee is potent stuff.lol.. but sayin that my corn stinks and hate when they squirt mines has got me and my girlfriend b4,must be a corn thing!lol..yea ppl dont understand how tame snakes can be and how addictive they are! wonder wat ppl will say when i post pics of my baby female albino burm am gettin in may/june time :)

No probs. Personally i think they make great pets, very easy to keep and u never get tired of watching them eat! Corns are bad for waiting to the right moment, when u take them out, then they just poop on ya! *boak* but its still worth it. I love albinos, but a hognose was next on my list when i can. They are just too cute! But iv heard they bite alot, gotta get used to that part. Iv been tagged once or twice, but the bite never hurt, it was the fright of her movin fast that scared me. lol

I didn't mean offence, just remember reading about the snake that a lady thought was being friendly and lying on bed beside her and the vet said get rid as it was sizing her up for eating and she had had it for years without any problems.

Lol i think thats like the most common myth ever. Snakes dont just eat people. Mine lies next to me all the time, wraps around my neck etc etc, doesnt mean im food. If they are used to a person, they are comfortable with them. But, snakes are just as unpredictable as any other animals, dogs bite, cats bite and scratch etc etc....and i can hand on my heart say a snake bite by a corn doesnt hurt and wont kill you. Hope that helps x

dbooth82
30-Mar-12, 13:56
yea i got musked on by my burm yesterday,it stank!lol..funny u should mention hognoses we are gettin an extreme red albino female and anaconda het albino male from a breeder in london in the summer:) we snake keepers are so alike,youl get a burm 1 day :)

dbooth82
30-Mar-12, 14:34
Lol i think thats like the most common myth ever. Snakes dont just eat people. Mine lies next to me all the time, wraps around my neck etc etc, doesnt mean im food. If they are used to a person, they are comfortable with them. But, snakes are just as unpredictable as any other animals, dogs bite, cats bite and scratch etc etc....and i can hand on my heart say a snake bite by a corn doesnt hurt and wont kill you. Hope that helps x[/QUOTE]

i totally agree with this ^^^^^