PDA

View Full Version : Christmas traditions

Ojibwa
11-Nov-06, 20:48
Hi just wondering if anyone has any special traditions at Christmas and what are they ? We always have a Christmas eve walk to see other peoples lights and decorations, read The night before Christmas, and open 1 present on Christmas Eve.

bobsgirl
11-Nov-06, 20:54
We love going around checking out everyones Christmas Lights....people go to some effort. Some I must say are a bit OTT but nevertheless very good!
Unfortunately I dont get the pressie on Christmas Eve :( but I never think it is Christmas without getting to watch 'The Snowman' on TV.

danc1ngwitch
11-Nov-06, 21:11
Bedknobs and broomsticks while eatin christmas dinner..lol
well i danna think Digby the biggest dog in the world is on any more...[lol]

mums angels
11-Nov-06, 21:15
we also open one pressie on christmas eve and we all have to open all pressies xmas morning in our jammies ..lol. I tried to get out of it once because it was getting recorded but i wasn't allowed pressies if i got dressed. (and i eat all the chipolatas when nobodys looking)

mccaugm
11-Nov-06, 21:29
we also open one pressie on christmas eve and we all have to open all pressies xmas morning in our jammies ..lol. I tried to get out of it once because it was getting recorded but i wasn't allowed pressies if i got dressed. (and i eat all the chipolatas when nobodys looking)

Bar the chipoloatas we do this too. The boys come through with a pressie for all of us, then land on our bed. We create a mass of wrapping paper chaos. Pile up our pressies in different corners of our bedroom. Always listening to MFR in the background. When we are all up, we put on the new clothes we got from "Santa". We make a determined effort not to annoy each other.

Lunch is always at 3 to avoid watching the queen "Sorry Ma'am". We watch all the naff T.V. and consume far too much of food and alcohol. I LOVE IT ALL!:Razz

Piglet
11-Nov-06, 23:47
Christmas Eve we go round to relatives houses for a visit if we won't be seeing them on Christmas Day.
We also do the one pressie on Christmas Eve.
Christmas Day Granparents & Aunts & Uncles come round to watch Kids open pressies & Have dinner, that Hubby cooks & i play with the kids new toys(with them of course) :roll:

groatsgirl
12-Nov-06, 13:49
I dont know whos worse me my sister or the kids , im having to restrain my self now from putting up the Christmas Tree !! Christmas eve The Night Before Christmas story is a religion !! Christmas day we all crowd round the Christmas tree in r PJs for opening the presents (well as close as we can get as theres always far to many presents !!! but thats great !!!) Then its phone all the family , watch as many films as u can (you know the ones u know the script to ) play with all the kids toys , eat as much food as is humanly possible then eat more !!! Drink loads of booze then pass out & start again the next day !!! oh how i love Christmas !! Down with the Humbugs !!!!

sharon
12-Nov-06, 16:18
we have the grandparents come to stay on christmas eve! have a few drinks.... in the morning the kids open their presents and then it off to the kitchen to prepare a huge lunch with all the trimings. while the kids are playing with their new stuff, we do the dishes and clean up so can relax and watch some telly,

christmas is just a magical time when you have little kids! :D