PDA

View Full Version : Guilty pleasures.

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 00:21
I told myself. No,no,no. but......... Couldn't help it.

Toasted Waffles topped with. Fresh Double cream. Sliced Strawberries and dusted with caster Sugar. This was 10 minutes ago.

What's your guilty pleasure.

golach
23-Mar-12, 00:24

Toasted Waffles topped with. Fresh Double cream. Sliced Strawberries and dusted with caster Sugar. This was 10 minutes ago.

Thats not a guilty pleasure.....thats a comfort supper [lol]

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 00:27
Thats not a guilty pleasure.....thats a comfort supper [lol]

They were calling to me, from the kitchen. I am OK all day, i don't get hungry or any cravings. But at night well, that is another matter.
OK then golach. What is your comfort supper.

golach
23-Mar-12, 00:35
They were calling to me, from the kitchen. I am OK all day, i don't get hungry or any cravings. But at night well, that is another matter.
OK then golach. What is your comfort supper.
Got too many to mention, but a rough farmhouse pate on granery toast, and a dram of Highland Park, and I would go to bed happy [lol]

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 00:40
Got too many to mention, but a rough farmhouse pate on granery toast, and a dram of Highland Park, and I would go to bed happy [lol]

That sounds nice, except for the Whiskey, can't stand even the smell of the stuff, never mind the taste, yuk.
I like savoury food, but then have to have something sweet. It's a vicious circle. Col.

donnick
23-Mar-12, 00:54
sorry to say this but mine is Jermy Kyle hides in shame:lol:

radiohead
23-Mar-12, 01:27
Guilty pleasure film - Four Weddings
Guilty pleasure music - The Jazz Singer
Guilty pleasure food - cold cheese and baked bean sandwich
Guilty pleasure drink - White Russian
Guilty pleasure in life - Lists of things

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 01:34
Another one of mine. Lush soaps and massage bars/creams.

Thumper
23-Mar-12, 10:26
Mine is twix fingers,popped in the micro for a few seconds so they go all gooey. Or for a savoury treat its philly on water biscuits with roasted peanuts sprinkled on top.....neither do me any favours though lol x

John Little
23-Mar-12, 10:50
Chips with mayonnaise.... :)

golach
23-Mar-12, 11:01
Chips with mayonnaise.... :)

Oh yes Belgian Pomme Frittes and mayonnaise :D

Corrie 3
23-Mar-12, 11:25
Tormenting Weezer !!!!!

C3..............:roll:;);)

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 11:28
Soft Brandy Snap.

Iffy
23-Mar-12, 14:07
For breakfast.....any of last night's left-over's ! !:eek:

eg - Jalfrezi Curry; Chicken and Mushroom Risotto; Sausages; Boiled Potatoes.....

All must be eaten cold though....YUUMMMMMMMYYYYY !!
:lol:

p/s- I also love the "Jermy Kyle Show" Donnick.....LOL !

changilass
23-Mar-12, 14:14
Another one of mine. Lush soaps and massage bars/creams.

Contact Goldengurnsey on here, she makes the best soaps going with her goats milk, really lush.

TAFKAL
23-Mar-12, 14:17
Mine is a bath with bubbles, candles, a bottle of pink champagne and a tub of ice cream!

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 14:37
Contact Goldengurnsey on here, she makes the best soaps going with her goats milk, really lush.

Thank you changilass. But i don't live in Caithness, i wouldn't be able to smell them from here.

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 14:39
Stormy skies and seas.

squidge
23-Mar-12, 16:58
The archers - reminds me of my grannie.

golach
23-Mar-12, 17:02
Thank you changilass. But i don't live in Caithness, i wouldn't be able to smell them from here.

Try here golden Guernsey does send products all over the world, or catch her on FB. Lynne is the Soap witch, her spells are good even for owld mannies like me

http://farnorthsoap.webs.com/

John Little
23-Mar-12, 17:07
Good Islay with that whiff of iodine.

I want some now :(

shazzap
23-Mar-12, 17:18
Try here golden Guernsey does send products all over the world, or catch her on FB. Lynne is the Soap witch, her spells are good even for owld mannies like me

http://farnorthsoap.webs.com/

Thank you for the link. Will peruse it later.

Angel
23-Mar-12, 23:22
White rum and cherryade with a plate of melted cheese done in the range with red chilli pepper...

Just drooled on my keyboard...lol..

Angel...

Dadie
24-Mar-12, 00:07
Was feeling like being good/bad so had fruit tonight.....a whole terrys choc orange is one of your 5 a day ...right?

shazzap
24-Mar-12, 00:41
Was feeling like being good/bad so had fruit tonight.....a whole terrys choc orange is one of your 5 a day ...right?

Yes. Just like i have just told myself.
A Mars a day, helps you, work, rest and play.:roll:[lol]

secrets in symmetry
24-Mar-12, 13:53
Good Islay with that whiff of iodine.

I want some now :(Good pleasure, but why feel guilty about it?

Ardbeg, Caol Ila, and Bowmore are some of my most recent pleasures from that island. I gave them up for many years, but now I've realised I shouldn't have that guilt.

linnie612
24-Mar-12, 14:08
Is that not the point - the twinge of guilt adds to the pleasure..

secrets in symmetry
24-Mar-12, 14:10
Is that not the point - the twinge of guilt adds to the pleasure..You're right - I missed the point entirely lol.

John Little
24-Mar-12, 16:05
Good pleasure, but why feel guilty about it?

Ardbeg, Caol Ila, and Bowmore are some of my most recent pleasures from that island. I gave them up for many years, but now I've realised I shouldn't have that guilt.

I do not feel any guilt.

The emoticon was because I have none in the house at the moment.

secrets in symmetry
24-Mar-12, 19:07
I do not feel any guilt.

The emoticon was because I have none in the house at the moment.You should feel some guilt to get the maximum pleasure - as linnie612 has explained. :cool:

One of my work friends bought a bottle of the 21 year old Old Pulteney this week - it's a present for his brother in law in NYC, which I think he said cost about eighty quid! He also bought a bottle of 17 year old for his father, and that cost him forty-something.

Has anyone here tasted the 21 year old, and, if so, is it worth the price, or did you feel too guilty to enjoy it?

linnie612
24-Mar-12, 20:31
You should feel some guilt to get the maximum pleasure - as linnie612 has explained. :cool:

Only for your elucidation my symmetrical friend - no-one else needed an explanation.

secrets in symmetry
24-Mar-12, 22:44
Only for your elucidation my symmetrical friend - no-one else needed an explanation.Yes, and I appreciate your help.

What is your guilty pleasure?

golach
24-Mar-12, 22:56
Yes, and I appreciate your help.

Maybe it you lol

Dadie
24-Mar-12, 22:56
Shoe shopping or trying on loads of dresses knowing even if they look fab you are not going to buy them on that day...bit like taking window shopping one stage further!
I need time to walk away and dither.
Its a guilty pleasure....not often done these days as shopping with kids takes the fun out of clothes shopping!
Or raiding the kids treat tub of sweeties...or eating an easter egg or 2 for them:lol:

Errogie
27-Mar-12, 09:45
Working through a tub of maltesers in front of a good movie.

secrets in symmetry
30-Mar-12, 23:35
Only for your elucidation my symmetrical friend - no-one else needed an explanation.

Yes, and I appreciate your help.

Maybe it you lol
I wouldn't complain if it was. :cool:

Do you do lunch linnie612?

oldmarine
31-Mar-12, 00:21

I wish I could get away with that guilty pleasure, but being a diabetic I have to turn away from those type of tasty dishes.

sids
01-Apr-12, 09:45
Soft Brandy Snap.

That's more like it!

Anyone else owning up to a disgusting perversion?

Honestly- people here claiming their most guilty pleasure is eating their pudding don't have very high standards of debauchery.

shazzap
01-Apr-12, 10:56
That's more like it!

Anyone else owning up to a disgusting perversion?

Honestly- people here claiming their most guilty pleasure is eating their pudding don't have very high standards of debauchery.

And there is more>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dipped in tea.:eek:

nightowl
01-Apr-12, 12:29
I do get secret satisfaction, I suppose you could call it guilty pleasure, when "what goes around, comes around". Karma is so cleansing, even, let me add, when it happens in reverse.;)

golach
01-Apr-12, 12:50
And there is more>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dipped in tea.:eek:

Dinna use the low fat biccies for dunking, ..........they fall apart [disgust]