PDA

View Full Version : solar panels

robby50x
11-Nov-06, 18:45
I felt really sorry for the workers working on them solar panels up at tescos in the weather here at the moment they must be wondering how the panels are going to be powered with the lack of sunshine

rfr10
11-Nov-06, 18:53
I felt really sorry for the workers working on them solar panels up at tescos in the weather here at the moment they must be wondering how the panels are going to be powered with the lack of sunshine

Maybe the solar panels are for power in the summer and the mini wind turbines are for winter ??

oldmarine
11-Nov-06, 19:06
Maybe the solar panels are for power in the summer and the mini wind turbines are for winter ??

Solar panels work very well in both summer and winter here in sunny Arizona, USA. It may continue to be the wave for the future.

rfr10
11-Nov-06, 19:16
Solar panels work very well in both summer and winter here in sunny Arizona, USA. It may continue to be the wave for the future.

Alright for some :Razz

MadPict
11-Nov-06, 19:34
They don't need direct sunshine to work - they work by light - so as long as we don't slide into perpetual darkness they'll work....

rfr10
11-Nov-06, 19:37
They don't need direct sunshine to work - they work by light - so as long as we don't slide into perpetual darkness they'll work....

lol, good point.

bigjjuk
11-Nov-06, 22:47
yep it all works on light , im installing this feature onto my house next year, will cut the cost of my electric bill by 70% so im told. cost to install 2 panels and a new cylinder is about £2.5 k

caithness import
11-Nov-06, 22:52
silly question but i would have thought it pretty irresponsible and illegal for the project supervisor to allow this work to go on today/yesterday with the weather. If its a credible company they'll be operating to CDM regs and an approved Method statement, risk assessment. The bane of most jobs I know but there to save life and prevent accidents. We live in an absurd claim culture now. Targets for completion should never outweigh safety.

:confused