PDA

View Full Version : HTML code off?

Julia
21-Mar-12, 14:37
For the last couple of weeks whenever I post I've been unable to edit the font size etc.. or post any images or links. The only clue I can find is it says 'HTML setting are off', any idea who to turn them back on (if indeed this is the cause of my problem)?

Niall Fernie
21-Mar-12, 19:34
Whatever the problem you are having it's not related to HTML code being off. Its off for everyone.

Check this:

Click on "Settings" (top right)

Then click on "General Settings" on the left hand side bar.

Scroll down the page until you see "Miscellaneous Options" and check what is ticked for "Message Editor Interface"

For best results it should be set to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" (the top option)

Julia
22-Mar-12, 01:08
That's the first thing I checked but it's already set to enhanced, it's very strange indeed, but thanks for the suggestion

secrets in symmetry
24-Mar-12, 20:14
Did you manage to resolve your problem Julia?

If not, can you tell us which browser you are using? Have you tried a different browser?

Julia
26-Mar-12, 17:07
Did you manage to resolve your problem Julia?

If not, can you tell us which browser you are using? Have you tried a different browser?

It's resolved itself, just appeared again, very strange. I'm using Firefox but didn't try another browser but will if it happens again. Thanks

secrets in symmetry
31-Mar-12, 00:07
That's good. :cool:

The first thing I do when I have a problem like that is to try another browser.

Earlier today, videos stopped working for me on the BBC News website. I tried another browser, and videos worked fine, so I knew it was a browser problem - which I fixed easily.