PDA

View Full Version : scary story !!!

rich12345
11-Nov-06, 17:05
i was in my house watching tv but i decided to go outside and do my garden so i turned the tv off shut the living room door and went outside.
when i came in the living room door was wide open and the tv was turned on.
did things like this ever happen to you please replie and tell me what happened.

melted_wellie
11-Nov-06, 17:06
i think its called senile dementia

Dog-eared
11-Nov-06, 17:29
One good thing about dementia is that you only ever need 2 books and 2 videos. Result !!

Dog-eared
11-Nov-06, 17:33
There was something I was going to say but I've .....forgotten it !

Ever found yourself standing at the top of the stairs thinking " what have I come up here for ? "

golach
11-Nov-06, 17:49
Nothing wrong with all these things, its called having a Senior Moment, we all get them [lol]

danc1ngwitch
11-Nov-06, 18:22
I asked my 14 year old to not lock the car door, but it was locked.
She claimed she left it unlocked for me... So she then said yesterday to me... mum every time i close the car door it locks she tryed ta show me but o coarse it didna do it ... lol... She claims it only started in the last few days... I been watchin but nuttin happenin...:confused

Rheghead
12-Nov-06, 01:38
I had a similar experience about a year ago except I was in the room at the time. I was watching the TV, Most Haunted as it happens, and as I watched it, the TV sound went deafeningly loud. The remote was next to me untouched with no obvious sound scale on the bottom of the screen. All my pets jumped up and looked questioningly at the TV. As my wife was in bed I was frantically trying to turn the TV down with no luck until what seemed 30 seconds later. Weird or what?

rockchick
12-Nov-06, 10:03
I was living in a rental house, which was quite old, and by myself in the kitchen. There was a bowl on the counter opposite the one I was working on, and while I was watching it, that bowl slid on the counter! about six inches. Nothing else moved. It was the weirdest thing, and I can't explain it.

grantyg
12-Nov-06, 11:00
I would have carped myself and moved house straight away!

mums angels
12-Nov-06, 20:05
The same kinda things happened to me years ago when i lived at home with my folks along with a figure that would run past the kitchen window everyday at the same time..needless to say i was glad when i moved out , however my folks are presently away and i go in and water the plants.e.t.c and close all the room doors before i leave but everytime i come back one of the doors is always wide open but nothing has moved ...and my wee boy once came out of the house and was standing talking to himself ..when i told him to hurry up he said he was talking to a big boy ..it was very unnerving

Rheghead
13-Nov-06, 01:56
I was living in a rental house, which was quite old, and by myself in the kitchen. There was a bowl on the counter opposite the one I was working on, and while I was watching it, that bowl slid on the counter! about six inches. Nothing else moved. It was the weirdest thing, and I can't explain it.

I may have a plausible explanation.

The bowl was the typical sort that had a concave base where a pocket of air can be trapped. The counter had a glossy surface texture that made a good seal with the bowl. As the house was quite old and cold, you turned on the heating to the high position. As the temperature rose, the air between the counter and the bowl expanded and broke the static friction. Under these circumstances, for just a few seconds, the bowl would have acted like a mini hovercraft and an imperceptible slope on the counter would have been enough to initiate movement and you were there to see it.:confused

sassylass
13-Nov-06, 03:43
There was a similar thread a while back. Our first inclinations are to try and explain these things logically. A scientific answer is comforting but sometimes we haven't yet discovered that scientific explanation. And who knows, maybe that as yet undiscovered scientific explanation will include the afterlife/time travel/esp/whoknowswhatelse. Because I'm not of a scientific mind (definitely one of the creative thinkers) I find it easy to blame a poltergeist for turning my copy machine 180 degrees, locking doors, tossing books, etc etc, until someone can prove to me otherwise.

Rheghead
13-Nov-06, 11:35
There was a similar thread a while back. Our first inclinations are to try and explain these things logically. A scientific answer is comforting but sometimes we haven't yet discovered that scientific explanation. And who knows, maybe that as yet undiscovered scientific explanation will include the afterlife/time travel/esp/whoknowswhatelse. Because I'm not of a scientific mind (definitely one of the creative thinkers) I find it easy to blame a poltergeist for turning my copy machine 180 degrees, locking doors, tossing books, etc etc, until someone can prove to me otherwise.

Don't you think that believing in a supernatural explanation to weird phenomena requires a belief in a higher level of improbability than the improbability of a rational explanation? There have been many attempts to investigate supernatural stuff but always there is a plausible answer. Of course there are those that totally fabricate eyewitness statements that will ultimately confound any explanation.

paris
13-Nov-06, 12:02
There was something I was going to say but I've .....forgotten it !

Ever found yourself standing at the top of the stairs thinking " what have I come up here for ? "
To many times LOL jan x

danc1ngwitch
13-Nov-06, 15:02
And with an open mind Dancingwitch's may exist... U ever been to a place and thought wow this is all so familiar, even though u know there was no way u were there before...
The Power of the moon, the stars, things that we are a part of, but o coarse the stress of every day life takes over and it seems foolish to think like this... Me ... well no one will ever tell me how to think ever... I have written some good poetry outta vivid dreams alone and they stick with me, Yea i can hear some of u sayin yes yes only dreams... there is way more than we will ever know, indulgance feels good to us but is it right... ? Is it ? So many rules in life... Oh and probably only a few will know wot i am on about with the indulgence thing,, wink wink... [lol]
Taps fingers and awaits the response..x

rich12345
13-Nov-06, 18:52
oh yes i remember before when i was sick i woke up i dont know what the time was all i know is that it was dark and saw something moving at the corner of my eye and each time i looked over nothing was there! But i might of imagined seeing the thing at the corner of my eye because i was sick and tired.

danc1ngwitch
13-Nov-06, 19:02
oh yes i remember before when i was sick i woke up i dont know what the time was all i know is that it was dark and saw something moving at the corner of my eye and each time i looked over nothing was there! But i might of imagined seeing the thing at the corner of my eye because i was sick and tired.

Reminds me of when i was little my mum got a second hand bed for me.
I woke a up with something above me i was frozen with fear i could not scream and tho it was Dark i could see something there, When it left i screamed and screamed... Because ma mum was inta spooky stories etc she claimed it was the bed because every thing was ok untill then... The bed was dumped and All was ok ... But then I have got an over active imagination or are some people just more prone for things like this to happen...

sassylass
14-Nov-06, 02:09
Don't you think that believing in a supernatural explanation to weird phenomena requires a belief in a higher level of improbability than the improbability of a rational explanation? There have been many attempts to investigate supernatural stuff but always there is a plausible answer. Of course there are those that totally fabricate eyewitness statements that will ultimately confound any explanation.

that's an interesting idea....hmmmm....but I guess it doesn't involve a higher lever of improbability because once a problem surpasses a certain level of learning, anything is possible.

weedom
14-Nov-06, 09:04

I might be able to: I used to have a very draughty, very exposed farm house which I rented DownSouth. I put a cup on the very cold worksurface, and poured hot water into it. A bit spilled down the side.

As the cup heated up, the water that had pooled underneath the cup (and cooled due to the ridiculously low heat inside the house during the winter!) began to heat again and expand, physically lifting the cup and moving it along the counter. It didn't move as far as your bowl, but it did move.

Hope that helps.

As for the magically off/on/volume adjusting telly, I've seen this happen due to mobile phones/laptops/etc which have infra-red capabilities. For instance, I have a right hotch-potch of stuff at the moment, and the remote control for my DVD player switches my TV channel! Extremely inconvenient! I've reverted to using my PS2 as a DVD player instead.

weedom
14-Nov-06, 09:09
Reminds me of when i was little my mum got a second hand bed for me.
I woke a up with something above me i was frozen with fear i could not scream and tho it was Dark i could see something there, When it left i screamed and screamed... Because ma mum was inta spooky stories etc she claimed it was the bed because every thing was ok untill then... The bed was dumped and All was ok ... But then I have got an over active imagination or are some people just more prone for things like this to happen...

Have a look into "old hag syndrome". http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa112000b.htm