PDA

View Full Version : home delivery network/yodel explained

euan the driver
20-Mar-12, 06:38
ok couldnt respond to the various links an messages on the org due to conflict of interest blah blah blah. i can now clarify the situation. yodel was created when home delivery bought out dhl domestic. many parcels were under contract from dhl to ajg hence the confusion,this contract ends on 30th march an yodel parcels will return to home delivery.theres been much speculation on yodel closing inverness depot an giving to couriers,this is half correct. yodel has outsoursed inverness depot,this means another firm has taken over the area covered by inverness which is aprox 12.5% of britian, jbt transport have started a van division called parcelinQ this is the company that will be delivering your parcels from 31st march. this i think is a very positive move for the north of scotland.:):):)

baggins
24-Mar-12, 06:55
Will this new company parcelinq be doing all the parcels from yodel? No seen you around for a while Euan you still up north? Do you think therell be many changes to the services that home delivery provided??? Hope your job is safe pal.

euan the driver
24-Mar-12, 19:58
yes baggins all parcels from yodel,home delivery an those under dhl domestic contract to ajg will all be done by parcelinq. still up north just not been doing your area at moment,restructures to accomadate volumes. yeah i keep ma job,just will be workin for parcelinq. hows the dog?

Droopy
25-Mar-12, 18:48
Is it just me or am I alone in thinking....who cares??

upolian
26-Mar-12, 07:57
No love lost if Yodel disappear,they are terrible liers!

Gizmo
26-Mar-12, 11:57
I'm sure that not all of their drivers do a terrible job, but Yodel's appearance on last weeks 'Watchdog' made them look like a terrible company to deal with.

upolian
26-Mar-12, 14:59
They are a terrible company to deal with,still waiting on a small parcel 2weeks later..

euan the driver
26-Mar-12, 18:44
the inverness depot ran as home delivery,we followed vvvvv strict delivery guidelines may i as u upolian wot is your upi code?? as i said many yodel parcels have been under contract to ajg. if the parcel is with them home delivery has no control over those parcels. we dont even see them this will be corrected after 30th march when parcelinQ take all parcels. its confuseing for everybody an the drivers at home delivery are dedicated in providing the best service we can.

baggins
26-Mar-12, 19:13
Well im very happy with the service you provided us Euan,an i understand what your saying re yodel an home delivery an ajg.

baggins
26-Mar-12, 19:17
Well i for one was very happy with the dedicated service you provided Euan an i understand the diffrences r.e yodel an home delivery an the contract with ajg. p.s dog is fine missin his biccys you give him.

Moira
26-Mar-12, 19:59
Thanks Euan the driver for explaining all this. I've never had a problem with the various courier drivers in Wick, in fact I think they are all to be applauded.

I did have a slight problem with one parcel delivery from Yodel last year. This was not the fault of the driver but rather several technical glitches which the company took their time in sorting.

I think our local Home Delivery & AJG drivers are great. I thought the same about the DHL driver too. I don't envy their job driving up & down the A9/A99 each & every day no matter the weather. Anyone who is prepared to stand on my doorstep and be "mugged" by my dogs, while I sign for a parcel, deserves a medal!

I hope all your jobs are safe and that you will continue to provide a much valued courier service to Caithness. :)

euan the driver
26-Mar-12, 20:39
thank you moira,indeed all our jobs are safe,we will continue to deliver to the best of our abilities just under a new name,parcelinQ. sun rain or snow we always try to deliver.

the boss
04-Apr-12, 21:44
good to hear your jobs safe an still up delivering. hope parcelinq appriciate your work as much as we do up here in caithness euan.:D

celtchicky
05-Apr-12, 13:45
currently tracking a parcel with Yodel and its been in inverness since 2/4/12
phoned this morning and very helpful guy emailed the delivery office but im still waiting on phonecall back!
not a happy bunny

spittywillow
06-Apr-12, 09:57
yodel are a pain in the neck bought a bit for a car needed desperatly delivery was quick but we were out working when they called so phoned the number on the card, told them we are here to accept it each day from 3pm (they say they deliver up to 7pm) so next day what time do they call? 12.30pm! phoned and all we got was sorry the lorry is in inverness now so you'll have to wait. that was about two weeks ago.....we're still waiting for that delivery. they kept saying there's no guarantee the driver will deliver at or after specific times...which i understand...but if they can't deliver parcels to people....they are in the wrong job!

ended up buying the part from someone else.

a terrible company! do they not think people go to work during the day?!!! and it's not like 3pm is an unreasonable time to get a parcel delivered!

euan the driver
08-Apr-12, 09:03
im sorry you never recieved your part spittywillow i can tell you this tho the new company parcelinQ which started on monday has been working flat out to try an clear backloged parcels which appeared at our depot the former home delivery depot,parcels that should of been delivered by other firms. this is the 1st week of parcelinQ an dedicated drivers are doing 15 hour days on 10 hr contracts to try an clear backlog,there has to be a point where we must stop an return to depot. i hope that folks will show a little understanding to the predicament facing the new company. it will be sorted out an everything delivered by dedicated drivers. folk that know me up in caithness an sutherland know i try to deliver regardless of weather etc. but im struggling to clear my backlog,give us time to sort out this an you will have a dedicated an efficient delivery company you can rely on.

Rottie
08-Apr-12, 09:30
For those people who obviously aren't reading the comments I think it's been explained. New company new ways of doing things!!! I personally think the drivers are trying their hardest to deliver the parcels allocated to them but at the end of the day they are only human. They are obviously doing extra hours to try and delivery parcels and putting themselves out to ensure this!!! I think that given the time the backlog will be cleared and deliveries will be made. It's neither the drivers fault or the Companies so do us a favour and give them a break!!!!

spittywillow
08-Apr-12, 13:40
yes people can be as understanding as they like but when ordering a part for a car desperatly needed that is off the road its rather frustrating that you could have had it but the company refuses to deliver after three pm, even though they advertise delivery up to 7pm.

what about people to have full time jobs? when should they expect to receive their parcels? do they need to book a day off work? or wait until they are sick?

euan the driver
08-Apr-12, 14:43
i have been delivering up to 6.30 pm unpaid,i start at 6am then gotta drive back to ness depot. i get flack from work for being late back. this aint our fault,which area do u live spittywillow? most drivers will leave with a neighbour or safe place. there isnt any point driving up to not deliver.

spittywillow
08-Apr-12, 15:37
in thurso and three times we've had a card left and we've asked to change delivery address and been refused asked for delivery at 3 or after been told it's up to the driver asked for the evening delivery ADVERTISED and told we are to pay the driver per hour for this service. Appauling

this is the second time i've had this bother though but by chance the first time i happened to have the day off work so was in to receive delivery.

euan the driver
08-Apr-12, 16:22
well i can tell you straight the part aint coming via old home delivery/parcelinQ i deliver in thurso. not all of it but some,was it a big truck that brought part?

biggles
08-Apr-12, 16:27
HEY hubby an me think ur blamin wrong guy. wrong firm an u got a very silly attitude. Not his fault,he does a great job

spittywillow
08-Apr-12, 16:29
i'm not blaming any one person. i just expressed my dislike to yodel. it is yodel who leave the cards and i have no idea what vehicle it was because i wasn't here!

tenabowla
11-Apr-12, 12:39
Been waiting over a week since a card was dropped through the door, went on line rescheduled a date, no delivery on the date. To get a human to answer the phone you would need to sit for hours. Disaster!

Korky
19-Apr-12, 14:25
I have been waiting on a parcel and tracking it as follows

Passed to delivery courier (INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL))
16th Apr 2012
13:45

Arrived At Depot (INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL))
14th Apr 2012
14:50

Departed Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB)
12th Apr 2012
20:41

Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB)
12th Apr 2012
20:39

Departed Depot (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE)
12th Apr 2012
12:11

Parcel Picked Up (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE)
12th Apr 2012
11:41

Parcel data received awaiting coll. (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE)
11th Apr 2012
00:00

Obviously it has been sitting in Inverness for 3 days - after speaking to a bloke on the phone he informed me that there is a problem at inverness with some scanning device and there is a mass back log of parcels. They HOPE to get it sorted by friday and no you cannot go and pick it up in inverness, you just have to wait, also there is no priority in processing the back log. I dare say it could be another week by the time the drivers eventually get the parcels! Never had any probs before and drivers are always great.

Crackeday
19-Apr-12, 15:41
I have been waiting on a parcel and tracking it as follows

Passed to delivery courier (INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL))
16th Apr 2012
13:45

Arrived At Depot (INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL))
14th Apr 2012
14:50

Departed Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB)
12th Apr 2012
20:41

Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB)
12th Apr 2012
20:39

Departed Depot (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE)
12th Apr 2012
12:11

Parcel Picked Up (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE)
12th Apr 2012
11:41

Parcel data received awaiting coll. (ASHTON SERVICE CENTRE)
11th Apr 2012
00:00

Obviously it has been sitting in Inverness for 3 days - after speaking to a bloke on the phone he informed me that there is a problem at inverness with some scanning device and there is a mass back log of parcels. They HOPE to get it sorted by friday and no you cannot go and pick it up in inverness, you just have to wait, also there is no priority in processing the back log. I dare say it could be another week by the time the drivers eventually get the parcels! Never had any probs before and drivers are always great.

That happens alot, quite a few times the parcels shoot up the road until it hits Inverness then you have to wait till AJG decide to deliver. A few times we have had parcels marked as 48hr which would be true if AJg kept up their side of the promise. Its a pain when you pay extra for 48hr delivery but it doesnt happen. Whats annoying is that they are paid to provide the service but only on their terms!!!!.
Home delivery always have delivered when they say they will, never had a problem with them, quite often if its catologue its early!!!! Strange how they can do it but AJG cant??????

baggins
19-Apr-12, 20:55
Havent you heard crackeday home deliverys parent company has pulled out of inverness depot. run by jbt now parcelinq,an it seems much of caithness is being done by jms from wick,so we dont even have a daily driver comin up,so expect delays now with parcels. This kinda was what i feared from the start.

biggles
19-Apr-12, 21:02
Hubby an me did notice no home vans on the road for a while,whats happened to Euan?? Has he left or where is he?? tried to txt but no had reply for ages.

colingel
19-Apr-12, 21:04
Euans delivering in Inverness just now

biggles
19-Apr-12, 21:13
Hubby jest about fell out his chair when i told him that colingel. Bet Euan no be happy now,he loved up here,it was sad day many years ago when he stopped comin to our croft,sorely missed.

the boss
22-Apr-12, 12:16
Seems were gettin the crap end of the deal again if no daily driver comin up baggins. Very dissapointed in the new firm,had hoped it would of improved after home delivery pulled out even tho they did a very good job,well there drivers did.

Angel
22-Apr-12, 21:30
Then there is the problem of parcels sent by companies not arriving, phone calls made, company can prove they sent, but sent another anyway, which also did not arrive, again phone call, sending company said they can prove it arrived at inverness will look into it, sent another meantime, still hasn't arrived. And that was just one item and we are waiting for others and this is six weeks now!

Pacification required!

Angel...

euan the driver
23-Apr-12, 06:30
angel im sorry your parcels havent arrived,wick an thurso area is currently being covered by jms from wick,can i suggest you contact parcelinQ office rather than yodel. 01462 712325.

Droopy
23-Apr-12, 07:10
angel im sorry your parcels havent arrived,wick an thurso area is currently being covered by jms from wick,can i suggest you contact parcelinQ office rather than yodel. 01462 712325.

Is it just me or am I alone in thinking that 'Euan the driver' is creating a story about nothing here, the grammar and spelling is remarkably similar from 3 (coughs) different members in this thread.

Also Euan, is it any wonder there's a so called problem with the very important debate on who drives what van, or what contract whatever firm has at the moment, when you yourself can't get the dialling code right for Inverness.......

Right I'm off to work.......more to worry about than who or when my parcel might get delivered by......

Angel
23-Apr-12, 22:26
The reason they company keep replacing the parcels is that they are plants. There if they arrive today, even the latest sent will be dead! Not your fault Euen, but thanks anyway...

Angel...

euan the driver
24-Apr-12, 05:52
well droopy,you may not care but going by the txts an messages i get plenty others do,easiest way to to answer them all is via the messageboard an when im just awake it easy to make a mistake with numbers,but of course it was silly mistake,but i pressume u never make mistakes.as for the other comment,not even worth bothering with, angel if you want to give me the upi number ill ask the office to see if theres anything they can do to check for you.

LouiseAjg
25-Apr-12, 13:21
Hello everyone - interesting forum!

Ajg received the last YODEL vehicle in their depot in Inverness on the 29th of March and kept all the YODEL systems until the 5th of April to make sure that all the parcels were delivered as per the service levels (These parcels delivered as normal and on time).

ParcellinQ received their first vehicle on the 30th of March and started delivering on the 2nd of April.

AJG Parcels returned all the IT, returns and 10 undelivered parcels on the 5th of April to ParcelinQ.

ParcelinQ are responsible for all YODEL deliveries and collections now, and have been since the 30th March.

AJG Parcels delivered all the outstanding parcels and there was no backlog, only 10 parcels that had been carded and not collected within the 5 working days.

AJG Parcels are no longer responsible for YODEL and did not cause a backlog as has been claimed here.

LouiseAjg
25-Apr-12, 13:24
That happens alot, quite a few times the parcels shoot up the road until it hits Inverness then you have to wait till AJG decide to deliver. A few times we have had parcels marked as 48hr which would be true if AJg kept up their side of the promise. Its a pain when you pay extra for 48hr delivery but it doesnt happen. Whats annoying is that they are paid to provide the service but only on their terms!!!!.
Home delivery always have delivered when they say they will, never had a problem with them, quite often if its catologue its early!!!! Strange how they can do it but AJG cant??????

AJG Parcels don't decide on the service levels, that is the carriers, AJG deliver the City-link parcels the same day that they get them - unlike anyone else. The company at fault here is the new provider - ParcelinQ - not AJG Parcels. ParcelinQ was formed with the old HDNL depot and by taking the DHL work off of AJG Parcels.

If anyone is failing here it is YODEL in combining the companies and creating ParcelinQ

euan the driver
26-Apr-12, 05:56
louise parcelinQ is a new company created by jbt transport,yes were using yodel cards at present but were independant of yodel. home delivery an dhl domestic make yodel. they pulled out of inverness depot. which is now run by parcelinQ. OWNED BY JBT.

sianie
26-Apr-12, 14:57
so who does the parcels deliverys now then

LouiseAjg
26-Apr-12, 16:55
The Company now delivering the yodel and home freight is ParcellinQ based in inverness . There number is 01463 712325.
Hope this helps

Thanks

Louise

tartanyorkie
27-Apr-12, 10:43
Unfortunately they do not answer the phone, so heaven knows where my parcel is now. Was passed to them yesterday morning!

tracy1981amy
27-Apr-12, 14:02
i dont think euan is to blame here,he can only deliver the parcels he has? i also tried to contact the number given and no answer?? i think i will not be ordering much from now on, before you were given a delivery date,this is never met so what is the point????

PeterR
27-Apr-12, 14:19
I agree that Parcel Linq 01463 712325 does not answer the phone, even CollectPlus call centre in Liverpool could not get through to them on their internal line. However I suppose this is not surprising if they have bitten off more than they can chew in coping with not only the parcels previously handled by HDNL drivers but those previously handled by AJG as well.

Also a local CollectPlus agency (not in Caithness) which I visit say that Parcel Linq are not coming every day to pick up the parcels as HDNL did up to a month ago. This results in a backlog of parcels in the shop which may well cause confusion/errors (my speculation as I'm having to deal with an error right now).

Kind regards

Peter

tartanyorkie
27-Apr-12, 15:13
Mine have just arrived, thank goodness!

euan the driver
28-Apr-12, 11:22
most of caithness parcels are currently being done by jms in wick. i hope this helps. i am not even delivering up north at present.

poppett
28-Apr-12, 13:25
Have just discovered a parcel coming from Boots the chemist which I paid to have by first class Royal Mail is with Yodel in Inverness. Passed to the driver on Thursday before 10am and still not reached Caithness.

Corsastu
30-Apr-12, 16:54
JMS is definately delivering for Wick area, my Parcel was in Inverness on Wednesday morning and was passed to the delivery company, which I just found out was JMS and the parcel was only delivered this afternoon. Seems there is a delay between handing over the parcels and them getting them delivered. Hopefully the service will get better shortly once there aren't so many delivery companies involved!

Rottie
30-Apr-12, 21:02
I myself am disgusted with the service we are now receiving up here. At least with the old company parcels were delivered and by a friendly face. It's a shame that they are no longer delivering this area, Euan the driver was a great asset to the local area and was well liked by many. It must be so hard for him to know there is so much unrest since the changes and not be able to do anything about it. I know people have had problems with deliveries since the changes, but taking a well known driver off their area and at the same time passing the area to another company is not the way to go about things. If it wasn't for Euan the driver explaining the changes a lot more people would be totally confused with the situation. My advice is to bring back the regular drivers because of the service they provided.

poppett
01-May-12, 19:45
Still no sign of my parcel and Yodel have chosen to ignore emails.

egregory
02-May-12, 07:04
Yodel ignoring my e-mails, parcel has been in Inverness 2 days.

Crackeday
02-May-12, 11:02
AJG Parcels don't decide on the service levels, that is the carriers, AJG deliver the City-link parcels the same day that they get them - unlike anyone else. The company at fault here is the new provider - ParcelinQ - not AJG Parcels. ParcelinQ was formed with the old HDNL depot and by taking the DHL work off of AJG Parcels.

If anyone is failing here it is YODEL in combining the companies and creating ParcelinQ
AJG do decide, because I called them and was told "youll get your parcel on Monday" even though they recieved it on friday Morning. It was a city-link parcel and was paid for as a 24hr service, but AJG thought what the hell we''ll just deliver on monday EVENING!!! I wonder sometimes if these companies actually CARE about us up here in caithness? We seem to be treated as 2nd class citizens paying for a 1st class service????? Do Inverness patrons get the same level of service I wonder.

poppett
02-May-12, 18:34
Our parcels must be mating in Ness......still no sign of mine, still being ignored by email. Have written the whole sorry tale to Boots customer services and they have offered to re-send the goods. Not prepared to give odds on them arriving, unless they do as they originally said they would and use Royal Mail.

robfal
02-May-12, 21:17
This must be the worst delivery service ever my parcel has been in Inverness since last Mon 23rd it was given on Mon 30th to another delivery company that delivers in our area but still no parcel.

tartanyorkie
06-May-12, 16:39
Well, I went to buy a laptop from Tesco. They do not have any in stock and was told if I ordered online it would be here the next day. Much cheaper than anywhere else online, so bought it and received an email saying laptop would be at Thurso Tesco by 16.00 on Monday. Great until I went to track the parcel and found it had been despatched by Yodel! I emailed Tesco and received a phone call where I was told they are aware of problems at Inverness and cannot guarantee the laptop will be there tomorrow and if I ring back then I can cancel the order. I cannot win because wherever I buy a laptop from it still has to come via Yodel. As companies are wanting to do more business online you would think they would find a more reliable means of delivery.

Angel
06-May-12, 22:26
All trees arrived, along with replacement laser printer which is to be collected to go back... such is life...

Angel...

poppett
07-May-12, 15:57
Parcel still not arrived and Boots have refunded the cost of the order as they don`t do Royal Mail any more so it was courier or nothing, so I chose nothing. Once agreement was made the money was refunded immediately. Yodel have still not replied to my email or responded to Boots customer services manager.

tartanyorkie
08-May-12, 12:47
Problem solved, Yodel tells me my laptop is still in Droitwich so I have cancelled the order.

Droopy
08-May-12, 15:55
I had a problem with my life today too..... I went to hang the washing out but it started to rain.

I can't believe it, I must let everyone on the Org know how annoyed I am......

baggins
09-May-12, 05:52
What im reading just dont make sense,if jms are doing the deliveries like corsastu has confirmed then how can the parcels be in inverness?? Think perhaps we can only track them to the inverness depot. I sed before if we lost home delivery services then parcels could go to couriers,this is it seems is what has happened. I must applaude jbt for taking on the inverness depot an creating parcelink,spare a thought it must be a tremendous undertaking an logistical headache starting a company from scratch an everything that it involves.Ok service is bad at present,but give them a chance an like rootie says hopefully the regular drivers will be back doing the deliveries which they did tremendously well even in the harshest weather.

Rottie
09-May-12, 07:38
Well I really do hope that it happens. The regular drivers are missed. They provided and delivered a much better service than what is happening at present. It's a complete shambles at the moe and not many satisfied people out here at the moment. And if it makes anyone feel better I myself am awaiting delivery of a parcel which apparently was sent the beginning of April and guess what it still ain't arrived and it's May now!!!!! Not a happy bunny!!!!!

stonej63
04-Aug-12, 20:47
Hi, Joined this site as I've spent a lot of time and effort getting some phone numbers for both ParcellinQ and also Yodel XL which is the 2 man hub for larger items.

I must say at the outset that I have had NO problems with ParcellinQ...BUT...YODEL XL is another matter!!!

Yodel XL is based at Dalcross Industrial Estate in Inverness.

So, here we go...
ParcellinQ Inverness... 01463 714964
YODEL XL Inverness... 01667 462466

Hope these numbers are of some use. Took me around 2 hours to get these out of Yodel HQ. (Which incidentally is 08000 151509.)
I've a large item that is waiting to be delivered from YODEL XL depot at Dalcross. They've had it for the past 10 days and when speaking to a nice chap at their warehouse was informed they had moved to a new computerised system which wasn't working properly and they have a massive backlog and some large parcels that have been waiting for a delivery slot for over 2 weeks.... Yes...TWO WEEKS.

And I thought computers were supposed to make things easier. Lol!

robbain
14-Sep-12, 21:33
I was tracking my parcel online from my catalogue company - 14/09/2012 18:54 Unable to deliver no access to property INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL) lucky I checked online, no card left to contact Yodel for rearranging delivery, no tracking number to rearrange delievery, had to contact catalogue company for reference number and phone number. Phoned Yodel to rearrange delivery and to alter the phone number as they seem to miss out the zero in the beginning of the phone code, also went online to rearrange delivery date. Bit annoyed as they didn't leave a card and it was also stated if I wasn't in, leave the parcel with neighbour.

Dadie
14-Sep-12, 22:11
I had a parcel for catalog returns....it sat in my porch for 2 weeks, and recollection sorted out with the catalog 3 times....never picked up!
Dealt with it, in the post office the night before I went away....not happy!
Thanks ..err not....yodel do next catalog dels and returns....
Whats happened to yodel?

Buttercup
15-Sep-12, 23:22
There seems to be a problem with parcels which are sub contracted to a certain Caithness company to deliver. What I believe is happening is that parcels are being scanned out of the Inverness depot and as far as Yodel is concerned they are being delivered the same day, but the sub contractor is holding on to the parcels until they have enough to make the delivery run to an area worthwhile. Hence yodel website showing that they've been delivered.
The best thing to do is forget about Yodel - if the website shows that your parcel has been delivered, contact the shop/catalogue/or whoever sent the parcel and let them know, it's up to them to chase the carrier and hopefully if enough customers complain they will change carriers.

Dadie
15-Sep-12, 23:28
but what about pick ups?...you know, returns that are supposed to be hassle free....

Buttercup
15-Sep-12, 23:36
Sorry, don't know about returns Dadie, not sure if that same carrier picks up or not. Might be worth asking catalogue company if they use Collect+, then you could just take it along to your nearest Collect+ pick up point.

poppett
16-Sep-12, 17:54
Dadie, contact the company and ask them for a return post paid label. Scan and copy it you your computer and any time you need to return stuff, print a label, take the parcel to the post office and get proof of posting.....job done. That is what I do with Damart, JD Williams and Empire Stores.