PDA

View Full Version : Room in Aberdeen

taffy
19-Mar-12, 08:59
Hi is there anyone out there who knows anyone in Aberdeen who would be willing to put my brother in law up for 4 days while he does his survival. Have looked at b&b and hotels they are very expensive. By the time you take food and travel into account it works out to cost a lot of money. He is not in the position to afford to much and I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thank you for looking.:roll:

poppett
19-Mar-12, 10:41
Do you have dates for his course yet?

If it is during the university holidays they sometimes let rooms in the halls reasonably cheaply, also Travelodge if you can book six weeks ahead.

Not sure if there is still a youth hostel in Aberdeen, but that might be worth a look..........don`t be put off by the name!

taffy
19-Mar-12, 12:50
Thanks for that the dates are the 26th march-30th just the 4 nights.

changilass
19-Mar-12, 13:01
There is a hostel in Aberdeen, its worth joining the hosteling association to get the discounts.

taffy
19-Mar-12, 13:06
Thank you.

yorkshire lassie
19-Mar-12, 20:07
i stayed at the youth hostel in aberdeen at the end of january. facilities were pretty basic but perfectly adequate for self-catering. lovely building. friendly staff. also, they had people staying there who were on onshore leave. not sure of the price as i was with a school party.