PDA

View Full Version : Tracing McPherson and McIntosh relatives

pamela fayle
10-Nov-06, 23:54
I am trying to trace any relatives still living in Caithness. My great,great,great grandparents were John McPherson and Jean/Jane Bain (they are buried in the little mid-Clyth cemetry on the hill above Occumster Bay -found the grave last April). They had three sons and a daughter that I know of (George, Donald, James, Janet/Jessie). I am descended from George who emigrated to Australia in around 1854. I cannot find evidence of Donald beyond his birth and the 1841 census when he was 13. I have traced James, who stayed in Lybster, married Margaret Budge and had three children I know of (Margaret, John and Jean). This family lived in Clashbuithe near Lybster and although a fisherman, they seemed to own a grocery store too which Margaret ran for some time. I have also traced Janet/Jessie who married Donald McIntosh, a blacksmith and eventually moved to Dunbeath where they had many children ( I know of John, George, Ann, Jane, Jessie, Adam, Grace and Donaldina). I am looking for descendants of Donald and James McPherson of Lybster or Jessie McIntosh (Lybster then Dunbeath) and any further family information. Anyone still around ?????