PDA

View Full Version : the joys of the countryside

starfish
18-Mar-12, 12:06
i had to laugh was reading a tread on another site .Someone had posted that it was a lovely day but could not hang the washing out as a horrible farmer was muck spreading. Well i am sorry but this is the countryside. They would probably hang their washing out in a fume filled town with out a second thought, I know what i would rather . I f these people do not like what happens in the country go back to the towns . If farmers did not take the opportunity to work the fields when the weather permits, these people that complain would have not veg or meat. Its like tell people in the town to stop driving there cars as the fume make my washing smell.

pat
18-Mar-12, 12:45
Cannot hang the washing out here - its Sunday!!!!

Not a chance of anyone muck spreading here either as it is Sunday and no work gets done - a day where nothing gets done outside, no mowers, no washing cars, no tractors going about - incredible peace.

Gronnuck
18-Mar-12, 12:46
Hey - you've got to laugh haven't you. In an earlier life I lived in the central belt and worked weekends for Sky TV in one of their Livingston Call Centres. Some staff complained that when they came to work there was an awful pong they had to endure while they walked from the car park to the air-conditioned building. This only happened for a few days a couple of times a year when the local farmers spread their slurry in the adjacent fields. It was quite an acrid smell and you did feel it catch the back of your throat. I don’t suppose these numpties appreciated that farmers have a job to do and as businesses and people encroach on green field sites they should expect unfamiliar smells and noises.

Beat Bug
18-Mar-12, 19:22

Not a chance of anyone muck spreading here either as it is Sunday and no work gets done - a day where nothing gets done outside, no mowers, no washing cars, no tractors going about - incredible peace.

Today is Sunday, and we took a drive up to Durness. On the way back a farmer was muck spreading! Yes, there was a pong, but we soon drove beyond it. Didn't spoil our day out! Glad we left the cities behind when we moved up here!

billmoseley
18-Mar-12, 19:45
when i was farming down in england some city folk bought a house bordering the farm. they called the police when muck speard next to their house. then later in the year they complained when the dairy herd was placed in the field as they mooed alot. in the end the police told them to move lolol

starfish
18-Mar-12, 20:05
when i was farming down in england some city folk bought a house bordering the farm. they called the police when muck speard next to their house. then later in the year they complained when the dairy herd was placed in the field as they mooed alot. in the end the police told them to move lolol i knew some one that complained because the dairy herd used to go pass their door on the way from the grazing to the milking parlour and they left muck on the road out side their house and made it look dirty for visitors I think some of these people but their hunter wellies and barbour coat from london and expect them to be made in to lord of the manor. My dad used to call them the green welly brigade .lol

spurtle
18-Mar-12, 20:47
i knew some one that complained because the dairy herd used to go pass their door on the way from the grazing to the milking parlour and they left muck on the road out side their house and made it look dirty for visitors I think some of these people but their hunter wellies and barbour coat from london and expect them to be made in to lord of the manor. My dad used to call them the green welly brigade .lol

We had exactly that during a spell living in Wiltshire. Some new houses were built on the corner at the end of our road, and the new occupants complained of the cow pats in the road as the herd passed through for milking. Eddie, the farmer, just took the corner a bit too quick with the muckspreader the following week and couped a load of slurry into the garden - no more complaints. The roses looked good though

sids
18-Mar-12, 20:49

What they don't understand is: the better the day, the better the deed.

starfish
18-Mar-12, 21:19
he farmer, just took the corner a bit too quick with the muckspreader the following week and couped a load of slurry into the garden - no more complaints. The roses looked good though like it spurtle { like it ha ha} but bet they never told any one the truth how they got lovely roses.

cazmanian_minx
19-Mar-12, 13:44
Today is Sunday, and we took a drive up to Durness. On the way back a farmer was muck spreading! Yes, there was a pong, but we soon drove beyond it. Didn't spoil our day out! Glad we left the cities behind when we moved up here!

Pat's in the Western Isles though and Sundays are a bit different out there.

Torvaig
19-Mar-12, 14:04
Pat's in the Western Isles though and Sundays are a bit different out there.

Yes, they go in the back door of the pub instead of the closed front door! ;)

mi16
19-Mar-12, 17:58
We had exactly that during a spell living in Wiltshire. Some new houses were built on the corner at the end of our road, and the new occupants complained of the cow pats in the road as the herd passed through for milking. Eddie, the farmer, just took the corner a bit too quick with the muckspreader the following week and couped a load of slurry into the garden - no more complaints. The roses looked good though

If the road is soiled by livestock, it should be cleaned, not only will cow dung damage the surface of the road it will make it as slippy as mud.
Must have been a wealthy farmer to deliberately coup his slurry spreader into someones garden, must have done a bit of damage also, those things weigh several tonnes fully laden.

golach
19-Mar-12, 18:15
If the road is soiled by livestock, it should be cleaned, not only will cow dung damage the surface of the road it will make it as slippy as mud.

Come down here and try telling that to 4 polis men sitting on big horses, when there is a football march they dont clean up after themselves either

mi16
19-Mar-12, 18:28
Come down here and try telling that to 4 polis men sitting on big horses, when there is a football march they dont clean up after themselves either

Aye but to police dont count do they, they have the council to clean up for them.
Trust me if you leave a road clarted in sharn the police have plenty to say about it if they see it.