PDA

View Full Version : Garden Well?

Bobbin
17-Mar-12, 22:15
While I was digging my garden today I came across an old well which looks to be in almost perfect condition. It is about 8 foot deep and the water is crystal clear. I was wondering if anyone else has one in their garden and whether they have made a feature out of it or would it be better to cover it over again and forget about it, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Dadie
17-Mar-12, 22:27
Get the water tested!
Thats if you are going to keep it...my parents had a well in their garden but the septic tank was situated nearly on top of it (both done by previous owners). It could be a nice feature and the water could be used on the garden.
But the walls round it would have to be built up to make it safe...no woof woof..what lassie someones stuck in the well senarios:D

TAFKAL
17-Mar-12, 22:29
I have one. It,s good in winter as it doesn't freeze. Never drank from it though but the animals didn't seem to mind it...

Bobbin
17-Mar-12, 22:34
Thanks for the replies. Thankfully the sceptic tank is nowhere near it and no dogs to go in it so no worries there. Would like a wall built up around it or something and a cover over it.