PDA

View Full Version : The next Archbishop of Canterbury

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-12, 02:07
Following the resignation of Dr Rowan Williams as Archbishop of Canterbury, can we suggest his successor from amongst our ranks?

I have a friend who looks like a slightly younger version of Dr Williams, but I think he's an atheist...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59113000/jpg/_59113742_013945375-1.jpg

I think gleeber is a very strong candidate....

ducati
17-Mar-12, 09:02
Discussion this morning on the News about how relevant to non believers this is ?

golach
17-Mar-12, 09:10
Discussion this morning on the News about how relevant to non believers this is ?

In a Victor Meldrew voice "I do not believe it"

John Little
17-Mar-12, 09:56
As it's International Women's History month I think that the Org should break new ground and go for a lady Archbishop.

I should think that a cope and mitre with appropriate accessories would look pretty stunning, and of course there's a pretty neat ring that goes with the job. The only drawback is that you have to walk round carrying a thundering great walking stick thing all the time- but a beard is not compulsory.

You have to have an interest in spiritual matters of course - and so... I think that Trix would be perfect for the job of Archbishop of Canterbury.

Phill
17-Mar-12, 09:56
Methinks there should be a bit of positive discrimination to redress the imbalance, short list of candidates for the job should be Lesbian Wimmin' only.

billmoseley
17-Mar-12, 10:01
how about a Muslim Archbishop with a jewish father and hindi mother that should cover most religions and everyone will be happy except us atheists [lol]

John Little
17-Mar-12, 10:02
Oy - wot abaht the Buddhists?

billmoseley
17-Mar-12, 10:05
thats his brother

squidge
17-Mar-12, 10:10
Maybe weezer would be a refreshing change lol

Corrie 3
17-Mar-12, 10:41
Maybe weezer would be a refreshing change lol
To take on that roll you have to be (near) perfect ..................so it's got to be S-i-S.

C3....................:eek::eek:

weezer 316
17-Mar-12, 12:50
Corrie for sure. He talks dribble and most importantly believes things minus evidence and in the face of mountains of contradictory proof!

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-12, 13:55
As it's International Women's History month I think that the Org should break new ground and go for a lady Archbishop.

I should think that a cope and mitre with appropriate accessories would look pretty stunning, and of course there's a pretty neat ring that goes with the job. The only drawback is that you have to walk round carrying a thundering great walking stick thing all the time- but a beard is not compulsory.

You have to have an interest in spiritual matters of course - and so... I think that Trix would be perfect for the job of Archbishop of Canterbury.God idea, but definitely not Trix, she's too flighty and she'd collapse into an unreliable heap when the going gets tough.

You need a cool smart woman like linnie612, or an intelligent reliable one like torvaig, or a moral talismanic hottie like shazzap, or (skipping a generation), a yummy mummy like dadie. :cool:

billmoseley
17-Mar-12, 18:40
To take on that roll you have to be (near) perfect ..................so it's got to be S-i-S.

C3....................:eek::eek:
sorry not a chance for s-i-s spends far to much time fantasizing on buses about the perfect woman (violet) not good archbishop material [lol]

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-12, 19:29
sorry not a chance for s-i-s spends far to much time fantasizing on buses about the perfect woman (violet) not good archbishop material [lol]Violet's a woman, so she fits one of John Little's criteria. :cool:

Following on from International Women's History Month and the Black History Month that was so derided by Morgan Freeman - whom I agree with, incidentally - how about a black Archbishop of Canterbury? On second thoughts, there's a man in a senior position who might actually be a candidate - the problem being that he is (in my opinion) almost totally mad.

billmoseley
17-Mar-12, 20:05
Violet's a woman, so she fits one of John Little's criteria. :cool:

Following on from International Women's History Month and the Black History Month that was so derided by Morgan Freeman - whom I agree with, incidentally - how about a black Archbishop of Canterbury? On second thoughts, there's a man in a senior position who might actually be a candidate - the problem being that he is (in my opinion) almost totally mad. i take your on about the archbishop of York what a man i love him. says what he thinks and is a very funny man. he has been on Chris Evans breakfast show a few times and talked a lot of sense.

Phill
17-Mar-12, 20:12
....the problem being that he is (in my opinion) almost totally mad.Might liven things up a bit!
I can't say that I give a hoot who ends up with the job, but it is often entertaining when you get someone as mad as a box of frogs in the driving seat.

John Little
17-Mar-12, 20:27
Violet's a woman, so she fits one of John Little's criteria. :cool:.

Oh now that's going a bit too far.

I've seen pictures of Andrej Pejic- how can you be so certain?

And I've gone off Morgan; his judgment is impaired. Marrying your step-grand-daughter is keeping it too much in the family for me.

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-12, 22:07
i take your on about the archbishop of York what a man i love him. says what he thinks and is a very funny man. he has been on Chris Evans breakfast show a few times and talked a lot of sense.

Might liven things up a bit!
I can't say that I give a hoot who ends up with the job, but it is often entertaining when you get someone as mad as a box of frogs in the driving seat.That's the one I meant. He's madder than a tube of toads in Times Square on St Paddy's day.

Oh now that's going a bit too far.

I've seen pictures of Andrej Pejic- how can you be so certain?

And I've gone off Morgan; his judgment is impaired. Marrying your step-grand-daughter is keeping it too much in the family for me.Yes, I'm sure Violet is a woman.

I wish you hadn't told us that about Morgan....

Phill
17-Mar-12, 22:26
That's the one I meant. He's madder than a tube of toads in Times Square on St Paddy's day.
I'm not sure if he was on BBC Question Time once when I observed him, he did seem to sway between good sense and utter random cobblers. I quite like that to a certain degree.

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-12, 22:34
I'm not sure if he was on BBC Question Time once when I observed him, he did seem to sway between good sense and utter random cobblers. I quite like that to a certain degree.His sensible answers come from consulting the toads, it's when he thinks for himself that we have to worry.

2little2late
18-Mar-12, 00:20
Thank god I'm an atheist.

secrets in symmetry
18-Mar-12, 02:18
I'm a little surprised that my original suggestion hasn't received more serious attention.

Of all the members of this forum, gleeber is the only one with his finger on the pulse of the Protestant Church.

Does he have a white beard and a big stick?

secrets in symmetry
31-Mar-12, 23:13
I found a photo of gleeber....

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/114/a/d/gleeber_by_awemuffin-d3erjf8.jpg

He's much younger than I expected. Just imagine how impressive he'll be when he's grown up. :cool:

gleeber
01-Apr-12, 07:37
Sweet memories ma man sweet memories.