PDA

View Full Version : Something is going on....terrorwise

percy toboggan
10-Nov-06, 17:00
The terror threat is being talked up so much of late that I'm beginning to feel some of those plate things that underpin the earth itself - ahh tectonic, that's it - are shifting a bit in the corridors of power and the bunkers of our elite.

Either there is an orchestrated attempt to get us all to buy into the idea of I.D. cards, or there is an underhand plan to stimulate civil and ethnic strife.
We need to keep a sense of perspective. Where are the manipulators who are 'radicalising a generation' surely if they are out there they can be identified and dealt with.

The talk is all very well, but apart from a few arrests we are seeing little in the way of action. Divide and rule is a very old cocnept. I'm no lover of our recent immigrant communities but they are here, and the decent law abiding majority amongst them must be wonderin' - like me - just what's going on?
I naturally - and I'm honest enough to admit it - do not trust incomers without good reason, but I trust politicians less. Does anyone else feel a little uneasy about the current trend?

percy toboggan
10-Nov-06, 18:20
If the national security was seriously threatened and was compromised by enemies (not other states) accessing the world wide web how long do you think it would take the government to shut it down.

Is such a course of action feasible?

I only ask because I don't know the answer.

scotsboy
10-Nov-06, 18:23
It makes no sense to shut it down - it is an easy way to gain information without "them" knowing;)

Tubthumper
10-Nov-06, 18:24
something's brewing right enough, Percy, I'm also a bit suspicious. It's not that long ago we had the IRA threat to contend with - Was there more danger then? Were there more deaths?
The old Soviets used to be the 'threat' that justified the spending of huge pots of money - is there something brewing?
Fair enough the world moves on, but I sometimes wonder...

scotsboy
10-Nov-06, 18:32
Listen, millions were saved by not allowing duty free perfume and toothpaste on UK flights……isn’t it strange that you could fly almost anywhere in the World (apart form the UK/USA) and carry what you like?

Saxo01
10-Nov-06, 19:40
As if the terrorism threat isnt enough Britain is now wide open to alien visitors now a government department has been closed down, So an expert says

JAWS
10-Nov-06, 19:51
The talk is all very well, but apart from a few arrests we are seeing little in the way of action. Divide and rule is a very old cocnept. I'm no lover of our recent immigrant communities but they are here, and the decent law abiding majority amongst them must be wonderin' - like me - just what's going on?
I naturally - and I'm honest enough to admit it - do not trust incomers without good reason, but I trust politicians less. Does anyone else feel a little uneasy about the current trend?Speaking as an "Incomer" the only thing that makes me feel uneasy about the current trend is the constant drip of propaganda which keeps appearing from certain quarters.
Is there some sort of Election in the offing to cause so much Politicking?

percy toboggan
10-Nov-06, 21:47
Speaking as an "Incomer" the only thing that makes me feel uneasy about the current trend is the constant drip of propaganda which keeps appearing from certain quarters.
Is there some sort of Election in the offing to cause so much Politicking?

Incoming from Salford to Caithness is not the kind of 'incoming' I was talking about but I s'pose to some you were also seen as a threat not to be trusted. There is parochial and then there is paranoia. No-one from any corner of these islands with long lineage here should harbour any qualms about free movement. There is narrow minded and bigoted - terms which some would no doubt confer upon someone like myself - and there is downright foolish.

p.s. I hear talk today of a snap election next October. Might make sense if Brown assumes Blair's mantle early next year. Before the honeymoon period is over perhaps

pultneytooner
10-Nov-06, 22:40
Problem, reaction, solution.;)

oldmarine
10-Nov-06, 22:45
something's brewing right enough, Percy, I'm also a bit suspicious. It's not that long ago we had the IRA threat to contend with - Was there more danger then? Were there more deaths?
The old Soviets used to be the 'threat' that justified the spending of huge pots of money - is there something brewing?
Fair enough the world moves on, but I sometimes wonder...

I believe an old threat of past history is ready to come back upon us. The Islamic nations, i.e., Ottoman Turks, etc., ocupied much of the known world at that time from approximately 700 AD to 1500-plus AD when they were stopped by Queen Isabella & King Ferdinand plus the Swedes, Austria, and a few other nations. World War I saw the end of that threat. However, Islam now has a fresh start and have been making inroads thru much of Europe, i.e., Spain, France, and even Merry ole England as immigrants. I believe parts of Asia is already affected. We have a great many of them in the USA. Australia is trying to control their territory but it may not be as effective as they would like for it to be. I may not see it happen during my life time at 81-plus years but I feel it coming. I don't know what will stop them; however those who believe in Armageddon may be on to something. I also have that eerie feeling about the whole thing.

JAWS
10-Nov-06, 23:34
p.s. I hear talk today of a snap election next October. Might make sense if Brown assumes Blair's mantle early next year. Before the honeymoon period is over perhapsAye, and there's one before that in Scotland.

Don't worry, everybody knows that all these stories about Terrorists are pure invention and that such things could never happen in Britain.

All those lies spread by politicians and the media about bombs. It was all disinformation to try and stop London Transport from getting overcrowded.
Nothing ever really happened, it was all made up to frighten the voters.

Terrorist plots? In Britain? Don't be silly! Just pretend it's all made up and nothing will happen. Well, doing that has always worked before, hasn't it? [lol]

Personally, I have found that hanging garlic over the doors and windows works as well as anything.
I'll believe there are Terrorist Plots when the Government starts importing large amounts of Garlic!

Rheghead
11-Nov-06, 11:34
I believe an old threat of past history is ready to come back upon us. The Islamic nations, i.e., Ottoman Turks, etc., ocupied much of the known world at that time from approximately 700 AD to 1500-plus AD when they were stopped by Queen Isabella & King Ferdinand plus the Swedes, Austria, and a few other nations. World War I saw the end of that threat. However, Islam now has a fresh start and have been making inroads thru much of Europe, i.e., Spain, France, and even Merry ole England as immigrants. I believe parts of Asia is already affected. We have a great many of them in the USA. Australia is trying to control their territory but it may not be as effective as they would like for it to be. I may not see it happen during my life time at 81-plus years but I feel it coming. I don't know what will stop them; however those who believe in Armageddon may be on to something. I also have that eerie feeling about the whole thing.

What do you think is on the cards, another islamic purge like in Spain 1492?

Personally, I think any religious purge (or rather a move towards true secularism) is desirable as faith gives folk a propensity to commit crime.

oldmarine
11-Nov-06, 18:58
What do you think is on the cards, another islamic purge like in Spain 1492?

Personally, I think any religious purge (or rather a move towards true secularism) is desirable as faith gives folk a propensity to commit crime.

By the time the islamic charge has gotten on its way, it will be too late for the western world to do anything about it. I believe Islam (muslim) knows from its past that they will have to charge hard and fast if they want to control the world. The western (allied) nations almost got started too late during WWII and came close to losing. Remember Neville Chamberlain and his famous remarks. He did not believe it could happen but it did in spite of his doing nothing. I see Islam (Muslims) very well entrenched in many countries of the world. They know what they want and the next time they will have a good chance of winning.