Anyone lost some cash in Wick?:~(

Julia
15-Mar-12, 18:54
prepare to be inundated! LOL

Corrie 3
15-Mar-12, 19:37
Anyone lost some cash in Wick?:~(
Yes....£20.

I backed the wrong horse in the 3.30 at Epsom!!

C3..........:roll:;)

Kodiak
15-Mar-12, 19:41
I am sure I lost a 1p sometime in 1981 in Wick, so if you take interest into consideration then could be mine. :Razz

annemarie482
15-Mar-12, 19:45
what a clever way to get those customers through the door :lol:

very honest of you to search for the owner, have you put the money up to the police station?
although i doubt many would check there as they'd expect it to be long gone :(

Birons
16-Mar-12, 08:14
what a clever way to get those customers through the door :lol:

very honest of you to search for the owner, have you put the money up to the police station?
although i doubt many would check there as they'd expect it to be long gone :(

The only person I want to come through the shop door looking for this cash is the unfortunate person that lost it. I have had the misfortune of loosing a wedge of cash and I know that hollow gut wrenching feeling of coming to terms with the probability of never seeing it again.

I haven't taken it to the police yet because it's time consuming, but if the rightful owner doesn't come forward then that's what I'll do.

annemarie482
16-Mar-12, 08:56
Sorry birons,the above first line was my poor attempt at a joke.....

Doreen
16-Mar-12, 10:01
Birons what a very honest person you are well done to you for being so trustworthy as it could be sme poor pensioners last money.

Birons
16-Mar-12, 10:17
Sorry birons,the above first line was my poor attempt at a joke.....

No need to apologize, annemarie, I took it in the manner it was intended, (a joke) . Perhaps my reply sounded a bit blunt, (fate of the written word)

I still love you :roll:. lol

neilsermk1
16-Mar-12, 13:40
Good on you for trying to find the owner, but get it to the police asap or you may be guilty of an offence.

Big Gaz
16-Mar-12, 13:50
whats the charge again? "theft by finding" if you keep it or keep hold of it for other reasons?. In my experience, handing stuff into the police is a lost cause. did it a few years back with a load of cash, was talking to a friend who said his brother lost some around the same time. He phoned his brother who told me exact amount and where he thought he lost it which was almost perfect so i said to go to the cop shop. He did but they said it had already been claimed by someone who knew where it was lost and exactly how much? What's the chances of someone else randomly walking in off the street and saying to the cops they lost an envelope containing that exact amount of cash and weher it was lost. The mates brother later showed me the bill he was paying....for £313.54p, exactly what was in the envelope i found...

Birons
17-Mar-12, 12:22
The £70.00 that I found in Miller lane, (between Bridge street and Kirk lane) has been re-united with a delighted owner, Rick Robertson.

Torvaig
17-Mar-12, 13:29
A happy Rick Robertson and your good deed for the day Birons!

You didn't happen to find a gold ring with a cluster of diamonds as well? Mine has been lost since many months and despite trailing round the business's I could remember being in and calling at both cop shops, Wick and Thurso, I still have no joy. At least it didn't have any sentimental value as I had bought it myself, thank goodness.

Corrie 3
17-Mar-12, 14:11
A happy Rick Robertson and your good deed for the day Birons!

Well said Torvaig and well done Birons, if everyone in the world were as honest as you it would be a much better place to live!

C3.................:)

joxville
17-Mar-12, 19:14
Well said Torvaig and well done Birons, if everyone in the world were as honest as you it would be a much better place to live!C3.................:)I tried being honest once, I got a smack in the mouth for offending him! :-(