PDA

View Full Version : I love Cherries

Lolabelle
10-Nov-06, 12:56
I was just about to get on here and have a good old moan about my day. Then I read the "Things could be worse." thread and decided to shut up and not whinge. Yes I have had a rough couple of days, but I am well, and cherries have come back into the stores, so "Lifes Good". :D

Rheghead
10-Nov-06, 13:32
Cherries for me are morish, tastless and stoney. I'd rather have another fruit like an apple.

rockchick
10-Nov-06, 13:40
Oooooo...Lolabelle, your post brought back some lovely memories!

Cherry picking during the summer visiting my grandparents in Okanagan Valley (in beautiful British Columbia) when I was wee. You would pick your own, and could get an entire bucket for $1.00 and the buckets seemed huge. More cherries made it into my mouth than into the bucket I think! but what fun we had. Those cherries, fresh off the tree and warmed by the sun! I've never tasted finer. We'd bring home buckets, and my mom would make cherry jams and jellies, cherry pie, and compote. mmmm...

Thank you for that!

Piglet
10-Nov-06, 14:56
Cherries yuch. [disgust]

Now grapes are my fruit.:Razz

rockchick
10-Nov-06, 16:36
Laff...I even have a cluster of cherries tattooed on my..., well, I won't say where!

bobsgirl
10-Nov-06, 16:59
I remember when I was 15 going down to Derby to see my friend. On the way to catch the bus to go into the city, we had to pass a nice little cherry tree. The temptation was too much so we had to pick a few. First time I had ever tasted cherries and I am glad I did.
I then went onto having some gorgeous Black Cherry Vodka, in the Wodka bar in Aberdeen, again very moreish!!
Last time I got them from The Continental Market when it came to Thurso.....even though the bag was VERY pricey, it was well worth it, me and hubby tucked into them when kids were in bed.
Mmmmm Cherries....want some now!!!