PDA

View Full Version : Catching the EasyJet flight from Inverness to Luton.

Gadgie
14-Mar-12, 19:14
Has anybody got the train from Thurso to Inverness (arrives at 10:35), then managed to catch the EasyJet flight from Inverness to Luton (Gate closes at 10:55). Seems a bit tight for time to me!

Failing that, can anybody give me a lift to Inverness from Thurso on Mon 2nd April... (cheeky ;P).

Kodiak
14-Mar-12, 19:46
To be safe I would stay overnight at Travelodge.

Torvaig
14-Mar-12, 21:40
To be safe I would stay overnight at Travelodge.

Definitely agree with Kodiak; you need to allow a lot of time between reaching Inverness and getting to the airport. Traffic, weather etc., can all have an influence on reaching Dalcross, checking in etc. It is just not worth the stress....

starfish
14-Mar-12, 21:52
i agree get a travel lodge for the night got the train yesterday and we had a 5 to 10 min hold up both ways

badger
14-Mar-12, 21:56
Has anybody got the train from Thurso to Inverness (arrives at 10:35), then managed to catch the EasyJet flight from Inverness to Luton (Gate closes at 10:55). Seems a bit tight for time to me!

Failing that, can anybody give me a lift to Inverness from Thurso on Mon 2nd April... (cheeky ;P).

Don't even consider it - not worth risking missing your flight.

Phill
15-Mar-12, 10:32
Having made the trip this morning from Inverness to the airport, it takes 18 minutes in light traffic and no hold ups in a car. (adhering to the speed limits of course)

Beat Bug
15-Mar-12, 12:04
We either leave here between 8:30 and 9:00 to drive down, or stay the night before in a Travel lodge.

stekar
15-Mar-12, 15:55
This is a code for £15 off a booking if it helps.

MG15261G

Kestrel
15-Mar-12, 17:11
There's a bus that will get you in at 10.23am, leaves Thurso at 7am. Would give you half an hour to get to airport, that would be fine. And it's only £7, bargain!

Gadgie
15-Mar-12, 18:22
Thanks all for your responses. I did the same trip middle of last year, so I am guessing either the train times or the flight times have changed as it was no problem at all then! Not going to risk the train, I would be a bag of nerves the whole way there.

Thanks for the code too Stekar!

rich62_uk
15-Mar-12, 20:31
If you put in 'all airports London' it will normally give you an offer of a later flight. I was caught out once on the early flight and had to drive our guest down to Inverness early in the morning so as to catch the flight.