PDA

View Full Version : Making up a parcel for Bulgarian Street Dogs

neepnipper
14-Mar-12, 18:56
I am making up a parcel to send to Colonel Angels Bulgarian Street Dogs charity here is a link to their website: http://www.bulgarianstreetdogs.com/

They rescue stray and mistreated dogs off the streets of Bulgaria, rehabilitate and rehome home them all over Europe including the UK.

This is their wish list of things they urgently require:

Dog Leads, Collars and Harnesses
Dog muzzles L/M/S

Toys
Brushes and combs
Washable Blankets & Towels
Dog beds
Stainless steel food and water bowls
Puppy feeding milk bottles
If you have any of these things and would like to add them to my parcel please pm me or drop them in to Pets at Home in Wick.

Thank you

mop top
14-Mar-12, 20:37
Good for you neep nipper.

I recently adopted a romanian street dog, things are bad in the uk but abroad in uncivilised countries such as Romania and Bulgaria it is absolutely dire:(. In romania it is estimated that there are 40,000 street dogs which is totally uncomprehensible, would love to spend a month there working with the group of rescues working tirelessly, but afraid i may end up coming home with another one or two;)

neepnipper
14-Mar-12, 22:14
Thanks Mop Top, some of the stories are quite horrendous.

Because the quarantine laws in the UK were relaxed at the start of the year it means that these dogs can be adopted to people in the UK a lot easier, Colonel Angels charge just £140 to adopt to the UK which includes neutering, rabies jab, all vaccinations and microchipping,I believe the actual cost is £250 but they cover the £110 shortfall with fund raising.

Liz
15-Mar-12, 13:59
When do you need the stuff by neepnipper?

neepnipper
15-Mar-12, 15:18
I'll give it a couple of weeks so around the end of the month I'll get the parcel off.

Liz
15-Mar-12, 20:40
Okay will get some stuff together and pop it in to you at PAH. Well done for doing this for those poor, poor dogs!

dousslesh
23-Mar-12, 09:03
Taking a few items in to PAH today.

neepnipper
23-Mar-12, 10:04
Thank you xx

Moira
24-Mar-12, 00:24
Neepnipper,

I could maybe help with some of these items. I didn't click on your link, sorry. Do you have to pay postage/courier charges for the parcel?

I'll be over in PAH next week so will leave my donation then.

Well done you! All best. :)

Sarah
24-Mar-12, 00:37
A friend of mine works for the rescue, she's such a soft heart she's adopted 6 of them now!

Moira
24-Mar-12, 00:45
That's exactly why I didn't click on the link Sarah! ;)

neepnipper
24-Mar-12, 08:41
Neepnipper,

I could maybe help with some of these items. I didn't click on your link, sorry. Do you have to pay postage/courier charges for the parcel?

I'll be over in PAH next week so will leave my donation then.

Well done you! All best. :)

Yes, I'm paying for the parcel to go but I'm sending it to a volunteer in the UK for the charity who makes regular visits over to Bulgaria, if I had to post it to Bulgaria the price would be horrendous! Thank you for your donation!

TisIivy
24-Mar-12, 09:17
plenty animals in need of rescue in this country(even this county)
but lets forget about them and go and help the bulgarians/romanians whoever sort out there dog problem

charity begins at home

neepnipper
24-Mar-12, 09:48
Anyone who knows me will know how much I do to help animals in the UK, so please don't make comments like that and I am now closing this thread and if anyone else has anything to donate please pm me or take in to Pets at Home.

Thank you