PDA

View Full Version : Pets at Home?

dawncw
10-Nov-06, 09:16
Can anyone tell me when Pets at home is opening? Someone told me it was in the paper last week but I must of missed it!!

mr do dar
10-Nov-06, 09:18
it should be opening next week sometime so keep your eyes peeled lol

dawncw
10-Nov-06, 09:32
I will do, thanks.

dragonfly
10-Nov-06, 09:40
Sure it said 17th so that would make it a week today - can't wait to be able to buy food in 15kg bags at decent prices!

buggyracer
10-Nov-06, 09:54
dragonfly, switch to barf, i have fed my dogs for the last 4 weeks on around £20, better for them and better on your pocket.

neepnipper
10-Nov-06, 11:16
Official opening day is Saturday 18th but we may be open Thursday pm and Friday if we're all ready for action! Pets at Home will be selling barf food.

The shop really has the WOW factor and it's been good fun getting it together.

Liz
10-Nov-06, 14:04
Official opening day is Saturday 18th but we may be open Thursday pm and Friday if we're all ready for action! Pets at Home will be selling barf food.

The shop really has the WOW factor and it's been good fun getting it together.

Will they be stocking Naturediet dog food?

lauraspetportraits
10-Nov-06, 18:01
Yes, we have frozen nature diet dog food. Not sure on prices yet coz not all the price tickets are on!!

If you have a dog you can bring them into look at the new store too, and they'll get loads of fuss from us lot. :lol:

Liz
10-Nov-06, 18:51
Yes, we have frozen nature diet dog food. Not sure on prices yet coz not all the price tickets are on!!

If you have a dog you can bring them into look at the new store too, and they'll get loads of fuss from us lot. :lol:

Thanks but Naturediet isn't frozen?

It's lovely that the store is going to be run by pet lovers.

I am hoping that you will have good quality cat food ie without colourings and additives etc?

Looking forward to shopping there and will see you all then!

Saxo01
10-Nov-06, 18:59
Both my dogs get Naturediet luckily there's a shop over here takes it in, The dogs do well on it, Its not frozen but in sealed plastic trays

Liz
10-Nov-06, 19:01
Both my dogs get Naturediet luckily there's a shop over here takes it in, The dogs do well on it, Its not frozen but in sealed plastic trays

Yes it's really good isn't it?

I can get it mail order but would prefer to get it locally.

Saxo01
10-Nov-06, 19:16
Aye they seem to go for it, Mail order to here was out of the question i remember looking, Im sure if they can get it delivered to Orkney & still sell it for about £11 a carton of 18 it must be worthwhile somebody on your side taking it on, Will definately have a look in pets at home when passing through

Liz
10-Nov-06, 19:22
I was able to get it locally until the manufacturers had all sorts of problems and manufacturing was delayed especially on the Lite variety which is the one I give my dog.

There still seems to be some distribution problems and, for some reason. my local supplier still can't get it.:(

Thankfully the mail order supplier I use gives free p&p for orders over £50.

lauraspetportraits
10-Nov-06, 20:02
Yes sorry guys, i'm being dim. Yes we have nature diet in plastic tray things and natures menu in pouches. The frozen stuff is prize choice free flow mince.

I don't know about cat food - we got Iams and Eukanuba. We got Hills Science Plan dog food, so if they do cat food we'll have that too. I'll look tomorrow.

Pets at Home own brand stuff is good too - it's to same quality as Hills, Iams, Eukanuba and Purina Pro-plan but cheaper. Pets at Home do own brand dog food, cat food and food for small animals, hamsters, rabbits etc.

Billy Boy
10-Nov-06, 20:29
does anyone know what sort of aquarium set up they are going to have:D

Liz
10-Nov-06, 20:38
Yes sorry guys, i'm being dim. Yes we have nature diet in plastic tray things and natures menu in pouches. The frozen stuff is prize choice free flow mince.

I don't know about cat food - we got Iams and Eukanuba. We got Hills Science Plan dog food, so if they do cat food we'll have that too. I'll look tomorrow.

Pets at Home own brand stuff is good too - it's to same quality as Hills, Iams, Eukanuba and Purina Pro-plan but cheaper. Pets at Home do own brand dog food, cat food and food for small animals, hamsters, rabbits etc.

Oh that's great news thanks!:D
Saves me having to spend over £50 at a time.

It is good quality canned cat food I am looking for so hope Pets At Home own brand might be okay?

Hope you have James Wellbeloved dried cat food as my cats love this.

Really looking forward to seeing all the goodies you have!!!!

What are the opening hours?

lauraspetportraits
10-Nov-06, 20:55
Hello, opening hours will be 9-6 I think, but I don't think we're opening till 10 on the grand opening day.

We sell James Wellbeloved dog food, I will check for cat food and report back tomorrow!!

Aquariums look lurvely, we have 6 banks of 3 tanks in each bank. we will have gold fish and tropical fish and live plants. The tanks all have blue backgrounds with black gravel set in brushed aluminium surround, they look stunning even without fish!

We have loads of goodies!! Caithness pets are gonna have loads of xmas pressies this year!:lol:

rich12345
10-Nov-06, 20:58
well all the items are in the store.:confused

changilass
10-Nov-06, 20:58
Went into one of their stores when in Newcastle, was most disapointed that they don't have anything to do with marine tanks as this is something I would love to get into.

rich12345
10-Nov-06, 21:00
i think it will open sometime this week

rich12345
10-Nov-06, 21:02
no i mean next week:rolleyes:

Billy Boy
10-Nov-06, 21:40
Went into one of their stores when in Newcastle, was most disapointed that they don't have anything to do with marine tanks as this is something I would love to get into.

the next time your in inverness and have some time to spare time on the way home, pop into conon bridge and have a cuppa in here:D

http://www.planetocean.freeserve.co.uk/

dawncw
10-Nov-06, 23:59
Im really looking forward to store opening, got a 10 month old pup and getting another one in december so they will be gettin spoiled rotten this xmas!!!

Think my boss is just going to pay my wages direct to pets at home!!! lol

lauraspetportraits
11-Nov-06, 15:06
Hello everyone, Pets at Home update:

We are officially opening at 9am on Saturday 18th November. There will be someone doing face painting on Saturday and Sunday, someone doing caricatures (sp??) of both people and pets on the Saturday, and free balloons and stuff!

Hope to see you there! :lol:

Laura
--x--

dawncw
11-Nov-06, 19:32
Thanks laura, the charicatures of pets should be fun!!