PDA

View Full Version : Finally a positive case for the Union: They'd bomb our airports.

RecQuery
13-Mar-12, 12:39
http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/political-news/english-would-bomb-our-airports.17005697 (English 'would bomb our airports')

GLASGOW and Edinburgh airports, in an independent Scotland, could be bombed by an English government if it was threatened by an unfriendly country, a former deputy leader of the UK Conservative Party has warned.

Lord Fraser of Carmyllie also warned that SNP policies removing nuclear forces from Scottish bases and reducing Scotland's navy "essentially" to fishery protection vessels could make Scotland a war zone. He said a country with a few fishery protection vessels was "asking to be invaded".

The former Lord Advocate and Solicitor General said he did not see who might have "evil intentions" against England but he had missed "the import of the Balkan crisis and the ramifications of 9/11" and would hesitate "to predict the crises even in the rest of the century".

He foresaw the possibility of an enemy commander ordering the runways at Scottish airports to be cleared because his planes would be landing and "if that were to happen what alternative would England have but to come and bomb the hell out of Glasgow airport and Edinburgh airport".

He suggested one solution would be to base the nuclear fleet, currently based on the Clyde, to Scapa Flow in the Orkney Islands.

I just want to know if everyone on his planet is crazy?

linnie612
13-Mar-12, 12:46
One of the comments left - '........Lord Fraser of Carmyllie will end up as Lord Fraser of Carstairs if he carries on like this.' :lol:

squidge
13-Mar-12, 13:20
OMG i despair!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I read something like this my heart sinks. There is no coherence about the Unionist point of view and it saddens me.

I hope my husband doesnt see this. I will never hear the end of it. Do these people live in the real world??????

Corrie 3
13-Mar-12, 13:57
Scaremongering tactics...................Don't you just love it!!!

C3..........[disgust]

golach
13-Mar-12, 14:32
I would have thought Lord Fraser, would have gone for Dundee Airport first, as he was charged with disorderly conduct there back in 2006 [disgust]

ducati
13-Mar-12, 18:05
If they bomb Glasgow Airport they could do up £500 worth of damage! :eek:

Phill
13-Mar-12, 20:24
Usual media scaremongering, the actual statement read by Lord Rowley Birkin Fraser QC:

Ah, yes. Independence Anez rul in an crepret Salmond fingaliring I was arundala aye ee wehcuzzin in unarul zna Orkney, when unfshunin welundle min aghgina wz nuclear submarine ahringalily poisoned monkey’s! Anyway I said to in ah ahringalily cos Cameron ee fingaliring irr a lessenthrotee thee Glasgow Brbrbrbrbrb Ack Ack Ack Ack BANG! you see?
Next thing, whizzundilee nonagromits an ahringalily Anez rul in tumigroolee, groolee thin layer of lemon curd hazingstockin an crepret arkers Edinburgh! Brbrbrbrbrbr Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I’m afraid I was very very drunk.

gollach
13-Mar-12, 21:08
If they bomb Glasgow Airport they could do up £500 worth of damage! :eek:

Only if they miss and hit IKEA by mistake!

Big Gaz
14-Mar-12, 13:05
gotta laugh...."could make Scotland a warzone"...aye we could dig a wee hole at the end of Wick runway, fill it with freshly laid caithness manure and watch the enemy planes slip in as they overshoot whilst trying to land [lol] and as for dumpin the subs in the Orkneys, why not berth them on the Thames, then the scallys in the govt could look out the window when they are having a brawl at the bar and admire the fleet through swollen eyes....As for "evil intentions" i'm sure that the evil ones would be more interested in taking out London than trying to defeat the kilted warriors.....