PDA

View Full Version : Argos?

bobsgirl
09-Nov-06, 20:20
Can anyone out there explain to me why that for some things when you punch in the number of an item in the catalogue, it comes up saying please check your local argos store?
Why would this machine ask such a silly question when you are currently in 'The Local Argos Store'?? :confused
Please enlighten me.

mums angels
09-Nov-06, 20:32
Now bobsgirl i'm confused ..if you were there in the store ..why didn't you just ask ???;) lol

bobsgirl
09-Nov-06, 20:36
I did ask but why did it not just come up saying not in Stock as it usually would??
Why did it have to say such a silly thing in the first place??

scorrie
09-Nov-06, 22:59
Can anyone out there explain to me why that for some things when you punch in the number of an item in the catalogue, it comes up saying please check your local argos store?
Why would this machine ask such a silly question when you are currently in 'The Local Argos Store'?? :confused
Please enlighten me.

Perhaps it should actually state that you should check ANOTHER Argos store. It may be that the item is out of stock in that particular store but may be available in another store. I notice that some items are only available on the website rather than in-store, and vice versa.

Kingetter
09-Nov-06, 23:09
Until quite recently, I didn't know that Homebase is part of Argos.
I bought a new mattress from Argos but it was delivered by Homebase which made me kinda curious.

bobsgirl
10-Nov-06, 17:06
I bought a new mattress from Argos but it was delivered by Homebase which made me kinda curious.

I only realised this when we bought the kids their new beds.....we ordered from Argos because it was cheaper and it was delivered through Homebase. The good thing with them being next door to each other is that you can have a look in homebase at the bigger items then pop next door to buy them!!
Argos is cheaper because they dont have all the big overheads but then again Argos dont sell everything that homebase has like wood and some DIY things.

Overall I think they are both worthwhile shops to have up here. (Hubby prob thinks otherwise, because I am prob spending more now!! LOL!!)

badger
10-Nov-06, 18:34
I was surprised to discover this as seem to remember Homebase was once Sainsburys and I still think of it like that. Who knows who owns what these days?