PDA

View Full Version : Poppy dog is under the weather!

Dadie
11-Mar-12, 23:57
I know she has acute pancreatis and cannot stomach anything more than 5% fat so her diet is restricted anyway.
But she is throwing up again and looking listless, so back to the vets tommorrow.
And she was metacam'ed today at 15 kg dose to remove the pain ..but I know she is nearer 30 kg in weight but I dont want to OD her..just take the edge off until tommorrow!
Think she scavanged in the bin again....how am I going to stop her from that...goodness knows!

Dadie
12-Mar-12, 19:05
*sigh* back from the vets...
I hate it when she has a major flare up of the pancreatis!
Usually 2 days starvation combats a mild upset......but these flare ups make her look and act more like an old doggie.
Anti sickness jab antibiotic jab and tablets painkiller jab and more metacam.
That and wormer for Frodo ...well it was needed soon anyway...
My purse is quite a bit lighter tonight but she should be on the mend soon, until the next time.

cuddlepop
13-Mar-12, 09:56
Its horrible when their so ill and your frantic with worry.

You,ve done all you can for now so I think lots of cuddles are prescribed..at least they're free.

Liz
13-Mar-12, 14:46
Really sorry that Poppy has had a flare up. :(

The one thing that gets me down most in life is any of my pets being poorly.

Have you considered trying natural remedies as, whilst I have nothing against conventional remedies, some of them have bad side effects which can make things worse in the long term. I can give you details of a really good homeopath.

Also Naturediet have some info re Pancreatitis on their website.

Get well soon Poppy! xx

Dadie
13-Mar-12, 22:38
I ran out of bambi jelly, so the only way I can get her to take her tabs is wrapped in butter.
Doesnt really help the less than 5% fat diet...catch 22 take tabs to feel better with lots of fat which makes her feel grim or spit out the tabs and feel grim anyway!

Liz
15-Mar-12, 14:01
How is Poppy now?

Could you put the tablets in a treat such as Natures Menu or Naturediet Light food?