PDA

View Full Version : e-mail help

LRM
09-Nov-06, 15:08
I can't send a new email or forward one as it keeps saying error on page. Anyone know why? I have no problem receiving emails.

blueivy
09-Nov-06, 16:58
I can't send a new email or forward one as it keeps saying error on page. Anyone know why? I have no problem receiving emails.

Are you using webmail?
Which ISP are you sending through?
Which browser are you using and which version?

LRM
10-Nov-06, 20:58
use hotmail. wanadoo is ISP, window XP. Have only had this problem lately thanks for help

blueivy
11-Nov-06, 13:58
use hotmail. wanadoo is ISP, window XP. Have only had this problem lately thanks for help

Hi LRM,

What is the exact message you're getting? Do you have a screenshot of it? I should have asked for this previously!

LRM
12-Nov-06, 17:59
message comes up on bar at bottom of page next to internet explorer sign, all it says is " error on page".

blueivy
12-Nov-06, 19:27
message comes up on bar at bottom of page next to internet explorer sign, all it says is " error on page".

Hi LRM,

That error could be caused by a thousand different things.

When the error appears, double click it on the status bar and copy the text that appears in the box into a message and post it here.

LRM
13-Nov-06, 16:13
problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly

Line: 1209
Char:1
Error: permission denied
Code: 0

hope this makes sense to you.........!!!!!
thanks for help

blueivy
14-Nov-06, 13:15
problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly

Line: 1209
Char:1
Error: permission denied
Code: 0

hope this makes sense to you.........!!!!!
thanks for help

Hi LRM,

It sounds like this would be a problem for Microsoft

Have a look at this (http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/archive/topic/30724-1.html) and this (http://ask-leo.com/comments_000440.php?page=1) (however there are 24 pages on this last one but it may include some help for you).

What you're experiencing seems to be a common problem and the only solution I've seen offered that actually fixes it once and for all is not exactly helpful - move to Gmail. If you have a free Hotmail account there appears to be no support. If you pay for yours get onto Hotmail Tech Support.

Sorry I can't give you a more definite answer!