PDA

View Full Version : Call for north police hub in amalgamation

Nwicker60
08-Mar-12, 18:02
MSPs pledge to fight for local accountability

MSPS David Stewart and Rhoda Grant are determined that the North of Scotland should not be forgotten when all eight Scottish police forces amalgamate into one.
Speaking earlier David Stewart said “ The single police force will be up and running on 1 April 2013. Myself and my colleague Rhoda Grant want to be in a position of trying to influence, persuade and indeed demand that the team looking into how this reform will come together and listen to our constituents in the North. There has to be local accountability. One cap does not fit all and alongside this, we do not see why a major function or ‘hub’ cannot be situated in the North. I have already, through my office, made contact with the reform team based at the police college at Tulliallan. I want to assist their deliberations, whilst at the same time I want to highlight the benefits of having a major part of the new organisation in the North”.
David Stewart and Rhoda Grant have set up a web site www.singlepoliceforce.org.uk (http://www.singlepoliceforce.org.uk/) through which they hope to keep the public informed of discussions and progress. This site also has a tab where people wishing to support this campaign can sign the on-line i-petition.
Rhoda Grant said “ We have written to the chief constables of Northern and Grampian, the conveners of the northern and Grampian Joint Police Boards and also the Police Federation within Northern and Grampian together with Unison, the body who represents a majority of Police staff, seeking meetings at which myself and David can ascertain their views and the views of their employees and members on this very important and sensitive issue. It is important that we gauge what the people at the sharp end, the people affected think.”
David Stewart and Rhoda Grant want to hear from anyone concerned about this issue . If you want to contact the MSP’s on this matter, you can do so via the link on the site set up."