PDA

View Full Version : Get Old or Stay Young!

Angel
08-Mar-12, 00:28
Just because you are getting older do you have to act older, look older, be older?

As a child you want to get older quicker so as you can do all the things older people do. We all did it and possibly missed out some child like experiences... Once you reach 18 the getting old bit has happened but you don't realise it. Then you reach 30 then, 40 then 50, and so on... and you get more and more serious about things then realise you are boring, grumpy etc...

What is wrong with doing things we see the kids doing instead of moaning at them... whats wrong with 'mutton dressed as lamb'.

Maybe responcibility is the downfall of fun... climb on that bouncy castle, slide down that slide...

Bring some sparkle back into your life instead of just exising because everyone else expect you too...

People look at me when I sing in the checkout que... dance in the clubs...

Used to care but don't now and loving it...

What do you think?

Angel...

squidge
08-Mar-12, 00:44
Im can see fifty just round the corner but with two wee ones aged 4 and 2 I feel as young as ever I did. Long may it last

Alrock
08-Mar-12, 00:47
Old/Young... Does it matter?
Just be yourself... Not what society dictates should be the norm...

linnie612
08-Mar-12, 14:33
People look at me when I sing in the checkout que... dance in the clubs...

Used to care but don't now and loving it...

What do you think?

Angel...

If I saw an adult singing in a checkout queue, I would generally think they were a tad unhinged - but dancing at any age is ok.....:)

Beat Bug
08-Mar-12, 15:29
Nothing wrong with an older person acting, or looking, younger than their years. When I got married, my husband's grandmother was the most fashionably dressed of all our guests, with a pink velour coat, a huge hat and thigh high boots. She was in her 70's at the time! Lovely lady, born 50 years too soon!

trinkie
08-Mar-12, 16:17
What's wrong with getting old ?
I've been young, now I'm old and I want to act like an older person - it has huge advantages.

You mention Mutton dressed as lamb, what has always bothered me is Lamb dressed as mutton and I see that most days.

But dont deny me my old age I wont get another chance.

Enjoy wherever you are,
Trinkie

oldmarine
09-Mar-12, 16:11
Im can see fifty just round the corner but with two wee ones aged 4 and 2 I feel as young as ever I did. Long may it last
Must be a good feeling to be that young. I thought I was doing good at almost 87 years until I broke my ankle and have to depend on my 17-year-younger wife to help me. I could use some of that youth I used to feel.

golach
09-Mar-12, 16:29
Must be a good feeling to be that young. I thought I was doing good at almost 87 years until I broke my ankle and have to depend on my 17-year-younger wife to help me. I could use some of that youth I used to feel.

Get better soon Oldmarine