PDA

View Full Version : Attention dog owners

lisagrace
07-Mar-12, 17:18
to the person/people who keep depositing their dog crap in my blue bin please stop it, perhaps you think you are being a responsible owner but i'm sure the bin men (who i've heard organise the recycling by hand) don't agree and since i go to the effort of washing my milk cartons etc and don't own a dog i don't appreciate the smell coming from my bin, thank you

billmoseley
07-Mar-12, 17:50
fair point

poppett
07-Mar-12, 18:15
I second that!

Corrie 3
07-Mar-12, 18:46
Well, first of all, well done to said dog owner for at least picking the mess up.

But you should really take it home and put it in your own bin and not someone else's!!

C3...........:roll::roll:

sids
07-Mar-12, 18:52
I usually put it into the shoe recycling bin at Lidl's. I can't resist the irony.

lisagrace
07-Mar-12, 19:00
Well, first of all, well done to said dog owner for at least picking the mess up.

But you should really take it home and put it in your own bin and not someone else's!!

I agree with picking it up but its just that its the blue bin, i don't know if its true but i thought the reason for rinsing the stuff for recycling is because its being handled? i've taken it out a couple of times and put it in the black bin

billmoseley
07-Mar-12, 19:23
the ones i hate are the people who pick up their poo in a bag then just hang it on a branch or leave it under a tree. do they think someone will come along and pick it up for them?

pat
07-Mar-12, 20:12
Billmoseley

Maybe they beleive they are leaving presents for the fairies or perhaps it will ward off evil spirits!

Can never understand why they do this, so much easier to get rid of rubbish in the correct place, bound to be bins on the way.

Maybe they know someone who sorts through the blue bin rubbish and it is a present for the person they do not like. Suggest you move your bins or place obstacles in front of bins making it very difficult for them to approach and put in their deposits. Or rig up a light that only works whend the lid is lifted -they may never come back when they are confronted by a very bright light!

Torvaig
07-Mar-12, 20:27
to the person/people who keep depositing their dog crap in my blue bin please stop it, perhaps you think you are being a responsible owner but i'm sure the bin men (who i've heard organise the recycling by hand) don't agree and since i go to the effort of washing my milk cartons etc and don't own a dog i don't appreciate the smell coming from my bin, thank you

Just in case said perpetrators do not visit caithness.org, why not sellotape a large message to your bin, should be more effective.

Alrock
07-Mar-12, 20:36
Turn your bin into a giant Jack In The Box... That'll scare the hebegebes out of them....
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

lisagrace
07-Mar-12, 21:00
thanks everyone, think i will try the sign on top and love the jack in the box idea

Dadie
07-Mar-12, 21:26
Big sign...and lock/bungee cord your bin shut!
If they cant open the bin they cant put it in!

Whitewater
07-Mar-12, 22:06
At least they are picking it up, that is the first stage. However, stage 2 is to dispose in the proper bin, there perhaps should be a few of the dog dirt bins throughout the town as well as around the dog walking routes. That may help.

katarina
07-Mar-12, 22:36

Especially not a BLUE bin. Hardly recycable i would have thought!

therealducati
08-Mar-12, 09:56
Especially not a BLUE bin. Hardly recycable i would have thought!

Wish it was, i could make a fortune from what my two dogs produce.