PDA

View Full Version : Votes for business grant desperately needed

ashaw1
06-Mar-12, 19:15
I have applied for a grant to help my business, only catch is i need to get 500 votes to receive the grant. Considering a lot of my orders come from Orgers i thought this might be worth a try and would greatly appreciate any votes received. There are quite a few local businesses doing this and would have no problem returning the vote if you pass on the link. Thank you!

http://www.enterprisenation.com/funding-applications/cherry-blossom-bakery/

Corrie 3
06-Mar-12, 20:39
I really do wish you well but I am shaking my head at the thought of having to get "Votes" to get a Business grant !
What is the world coming to when we cant rely on Entrepreneurs getting a grant if their business is worthwhile without having to go through the X-Factor voting procedure!
Is this really the way to go ?

What happened to the days when you used to make an appointment with your Bank Manager or the business Manager of the Govt run agencies?

C3.................:eek:

annemarie482
06-Mar-12, 20:41
have voted, good luck x

Alrock
06-Mar-12, 21:03
Will I get a free doughnut if I vote?

cazmanian_minx
07-Mar-12, 07:51
Done, good luck! My nieces and nephew STILL talk about the cupcake tower you did for our wedding!

annemarie482
07-Mar-12, 10:56
Did you vote too corrie 3?
Just out of interest.

I'd hoped the kind orgers would have gladly help out here, I hope your comment ( which is a fair one) hasn't put folk off voting x

Corrie 3
07-Mar-12, 11:07
Did you vote too corrie 3?
Just out of interest.

I'd hoped the kind orgers would have gladly help out here, I hope your comment ( which is a fair one) hasn't put folk off voting x
I hope it hasn't also annemarie and I hope cherryblossom cupcakes wins and gets her grant.
I just think it is a very silly way to dish out grants, relying on votes from Family and friends.
There might just be a more worthy business who doesn't have any backing that really should have got the grant if you see what I mean!!
When you start treating business in the same way as X Factor and all these other "vote for me shows" then business is in trouble!! And no, I didn't vote because I don't know who or what I would be voting for!
Good luck anyway.

C3............:roll:

BRIE
07-Mar-12, 11:12
Ive voted! good luck Adelle I hope you get the grant.x
Corrie3 if you click the link Adelle has explained why she wants the grant & what she does.