PDA

View Full Version : Avast error 4125

hopper.65
05-Mar-12, 13:55
Hi can anyone help with this one? After running a boot scan with avast it tells me i have avast error 4125 which basically means there are some corrupt files somewhere within the registry but it does not say or do anything else just loads windows after the scan was completed there are 3 of these files which are corrupt.
How can i put this right as i think from what i have read it can lead to a system failure eventually?
I am running Vista home basic, with avast free, super anti-spyware and defender and none of these pick up a virus with a full scan though my CPU has been running way too high recently which makes me think there is something hiding in the depths somewhere.

Tickling-Trout
05-Mar-12, 16:15
I would suggest that you remove the Avast AV and install Microsoft Security Essentials, if you say that you have errors then they cannot be that bad if the system still starts up and works correctly.

Once you have installed MSE then let it update and then run a full scan on your system, this might take a while to do

These entries in the registry could be broken links, have you been removing any software lately from your system?

Install MSE then post the results

DKTC

DKTC
05-Mar-12, 16:27
I would suggest that you remove the Avast AV and install Microsoft Security Essentials, if you say that you have errors then they cannot be that bad if the system still starts up and works correctly.

Once you have installed MSE then let it update and then run a full scan on your system, this might take a while to do

These entries in the registry could be broken links, have you been removing any software lately from your system?

Install MSE then post the results

DKTC

dx100uk
06-Mar-12, 02:32
then run glary utils

dx

nomadic
07-Mar-12, 20:37
I use Avast myself and have had no problems, you could buy 'Registry Mechanic' from PC tools which is the program i use, this will repair any registry problems you have and also includes 'tools' to speed up and maintain your system, you have to pay for the download but in the 2 years i have used this program i have had no major system faults (Previous to getting this software i had to wipe my hard drive on at least 2 occasions). You may be able to get a free version however as far as this kind of program is concerned you would have to be extremely careful.

nomadic