PDA

View Full Version : Another fine mess!!

Corrie 3
05-Mar-12, 11:17
Another fine mess from the ConDem Coalition, they cant even get child benefit cuts right!!!
A couple with children can earn £80,000 and keep their benefits but a single parent earning £42000 will lose theirs!!!
Total idiots the lot of them, they just cant get anything right!!
I really feel for people with children, they are being squeezed and squeezed each week!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17255753

C3..................[disgust]

Gronnuck
05-Mar-12, 11:28
This Child Benefit debacle will haunt both parties for years to come; totally illogical.
I'm all for Means Testing benefits but acknowledge that the costs would be prohibitive. Since this is a universal benefit perhaps the way forward woud be for the grubbiment to give nine months notice that in future Child Benefit will only be paid for the first two or three children. Subsequent offspring should be supported out of the parents own pockets.

weezer 316
05-Mar-12, 11:52
We could save a million by putting the pandas back......

RecQuery
05-Mar-12, 12:31
We could save a million by putting the pandas back......

But then we'd have more Conservatives MPs than Pandas :( ... I have no real opinion on this just saw a cheap joke.

golach
05-Mar-12, 12:40
But then we'd have more Conservatives MPs than Pandas :( ... I have no real opinion on this just saw a cheap joke.

yup, a cheap old joke, its the way you tell 'em.

RecQuery
05-Mar-12, 12:59
yup, a cheap old joke, its the way you tell 'em.

Wow no Salmond or SNP insult. I'll have to make a note of this post.

Green_not_greed
05-Mar-12, 13:09
Since this is a universal benefit perhaps the way forward woud be for the grubbiment to give nine months notice that in future Child Benefit will only be paid for the first two or three children. Subsequent offspring should be supported out of the parents own pockets.

Completely agree.

Penelope Pitstop
05-Mar-12, 13:33
This Child Benefit debacle will haunt both parties for years to come; totally illogical.
I'm all for Means Testing benefits but acknowledge that the costs would be prohibitive. Since this is a universal benefit perhaps the way forward woud be for the grubbiment to give nine months notice that in future Child Benefit will only be paid for the first two or three children. Subsequent offspring should be supported out of the parents own pockets.

A very good idea indeed.

Garnet
05-Mar-12, 15:55
a few decades ago you got 'family allowance' for the second child, the thinking (?) behind this i'm not sure of, but i would have thought that it should have gone to the first child to help with the expences of a pram etc, if further payments were needed to be given, then only for a second child and maybe we would'nt have the situation where some think it's their right to have as many children as they want and expect everyone else to pay for them.....controvercial I know but that's my oppinion and maybe if the 'powers' that be thought about this they'd be better off looking into this rather than interfering with people who want to stay in their houses without being penalised for doing so, but I digress. one more thing, if you are earning £40,00 pa do you really need child benefit??? I wait for the condemnation.

ducati
05-Mar-12, 18:06
Another fine mess from the ConDem Coalition, they cant even get child benefit cuts right!!!
A couple with children can earn £80,000 and keep their benefits but a single parent earning £42000 will lose theirs!!!
Total idiots the lot of them, they just cant get anything right!!
I really feel for people with children, they are being squeezed and squeezed each week!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17255753

C3..................[disgust]

It's just a convenient way of having a cut off through the tax system. I doubt many families will be effected and even then they are looking at ways of making it fairer. C3 you really need to choose which band wagon to jump on. Do you want the well off to receive benefits or not?

Why not campaign for the SNP grubbiement to stop giving £30 million a year to millionairs pretending to be farmers. :roll:

weezer 316
05-Mar-12, 18:44
Good point ducati! Beneifts for the top 15% of PAYE earners (41k and above) or not Corrie?

Corrie 3
05-Mar-12, 18:54
Good point ducati! Beneifts for the top 15% of PAYE earners (41k and above) or not Corrie?
It's another North/South divide thing again isn't it?

People up here will probably think that £42,000 is a fantastic wage and people shouldn't get family allowance. Where as in London £42,000 isn't considered a fantastic wage and I bet people with children struggle to manage on that. What is unfair here though is the difference between £42,000 and £80,000 and if you ask me anyone on £80,000 shouldn't be receiving it wherever they live. There has to be a better way of sorting these cuts out but as with all the cuts and plans the coalition have dived in and got it wrong yet again!! Why not just say any family who has more than £50,000 coming in doesn't get it?

C3...............:eek:

joxville
05-Mar-12, 19:28
How about child benefit benefit being stopped completely, it may help cut down teenage pregnancies knowing that the state/taxpayer will no longer pay for their carelessness. Myself and my ex made a decision to start a family, we both worked full time, and were in a position that we could support our family without relying on state handouts; if people can't afford to support bringing a child into the world, then don't have one. I expect brickbats for my opinion, but what the hell, I'm sick of people thinking the state should pay for their lives and lifestyle, state aid was set up to help the needy, not the greedy and selfish swines that society seems to have become.

tonkatojo
05-Mar-12, 20:18
How about child benefit benefit being stopped completely, it may help cut down teenage pregnancies knowing that the state/taxpayer will no longer pay for their carelessness. Myself and my ex made a decision to start a family, we both worked full time, and were in a position that we could support our family without relying on state handouts; if people can't afford to support bringing a child into the world, then don't have one. I expect brickbats for my opinion, but what the hell, I'm sick of people thinking the state should pay for their lives and lifestyle, state aid was set up to help the needy, not the greedy and selfish swines that society seems to have become.

Spot on jox, the nash will do the topup's if necessary, if it's still going.

tonkatojo
05-Mar-12, 20:22
It's just a convenient way of having a cut off through the tax system. I doubt many families will be effected and even then they are looking at ways of making it fairer. C3 you really need to choose which band wagon to jump on. Do you want the well off to receive benefits or not?

Why not campaign for the SNP grubbiement to stop giving £30 million a year to millionairs pretending to be farmers. :roll:

Simple way, you got that right. A child in secondary education can work out that equation and that's saying something these days, but the ones doing the working out have been to Eaton no less. LOL.

Baconbuttie
08-Mar-12, 20:34
What about free prescriptions for us all, I know I can afford to pay for my prescriptions so I am sure my bank manager and others on similar pay scales can afford to pay for theirs. This money could be put to better use within the health service. Far too much money is being given away to people who dont need it.
Possibly to buy our votes.