PDA

View Full Version : Looking to meet long lost relatives

ruthsutherland
05-Mar-12, 09:38
I will be visiting Caithness and Wick at the end of May 2012 and would love to catch up with any distant relatives I may have in the area, in order to learn more about my family and Caithness. I am a descendant of John and Louisa Sutherland (married in 1811). My G grand parents George and Elizabeth Sutherland migrated to Australia in 1854.
My father Hugh Sutherland whilst serving in the Australian Army during WW1 visited Wick on leave and stayed with a Dr and Mrs Rae (who had a grand daughter Margaret Anne McEwen). He also spent time with Pegge Rae, John and Bette Oag and Willie Oag, some of whom I believe are also relatives of ours. My father had great memories of visiting this area and corresponded with these people all his life, thus my interest in visiting the area and meeting any of their descendants.
Any info on these people or my family would be fantastic.:)

David Banks
05-Mar-12, 17:09
You may be advised to copy this message into the "Genealogy" section. I have found people who read it to be very helpful.

ruthsutherland
06-Mar-12, 05:12
You may be advised to copy this message into the "Genealogy" section. I have found people who read it to be very helpful.

thanks for tip:)