PDA

View Full Version : computer problem

funky-dunky
08-Nov-06, 17:38
hi i have broadband and it keeps connecting off on me and i have to keep clicking refresh untill it starts again what could be the problem.

my computer keeps crashing i aint sure if its because my webcam or not but please help me.

thanks

blueivy
08-Nov-06, 18:35
hi i have broadband and it keeps connecting off on me and i have to keep clicking refresh untill it starts again what could be the problem.

my computer keeps crashing i aint sure if its because my webcam or not but please help me.

thanks

Hi,

Not sure entirely what you mean by connecting off on you. Is the connection dropping? Where do you click refresh? What sort of modem are you using (ie. USB or ethernet/network)?

funky-dunky
09-Nov-06, 21:17
it is a wireless bt hub.

it just connects me off the internet.

Bobinovich
09-Nov-06, 21:49
It sounds like either you hub is losing it's ADSL signal.

Could you keep an eye on the lights on your the router and report back what they're doing. The main one to look at is the ADSL light - it should be solid green - if it goes out or flashes then it's your ADSL signal which is dropping.

I'm wondering if this could be a filter problem. If you don't have the filter's setup correctly then it's possible a phonecall in or out could disrupt the signal.

As far as your PC crashing, at what point does it crash - during startup or when running something particular? Is there any error message? Can you give more details please...

blueivy
09-Nov-06, 23:14
it is a wireless bt hub.

it just connects me off the internet.

What is the make and model of the hub, what is it maximum wireless speed and are you using an approved BT wireless card that came with the hub?