PDA

View Full Version : Georgeson's

scotsannie
02-Mar-12, 22:55
At last I seem to have solved the mystery of finding Catherine Georgeson(Moffat) wife of George Georgeson in the 1841 census, I found Catherine aged 50 yrs born Ireland (shown as Muffet) Alexander 15yrs Tailor and Catherine daug 15yrs servant at Dunn Watten. The ages for all of them appear to be wrong.

gh1936
03-Mar-12, 10:08
Catharine Moffat married George Georgeson were my3ggrandparents. I am related through their daughter Elizabeth married James Doull. Interestingly Elizabeth's birthplace on the 1861 census is shown as Belfast, Ireland although other indications are that they were all born in Watten.

scotsannie
03-Mar-12, 19:38
They are my 3 x Gt Grandparents also, via William born 19th March 1814 who married Janet Henderson. All trails seem to lead to Elizabeth and her brother John being born in Ireland, and I am still trying to find out how come George born 1779 was in Ireland, he was a soldier, but I can't find out what regiment, and on the 1851 census it states Catherine late soldiers wife. I will let you know if I come up with anything. By the way I have Elizabeth marrying Alexander Doull.

Kris
03-Mar-12, 23:13
Hi Scotsannie & gh1936
George Georgeson was a private in the 42nd Foot Regiment according to his son Donald/Daniel's Marriage cert. Most of the bm&d records for the children of George Georgeson & Catherine Moffat are registered in the name of GEORGE rather than Georgeson. 11.8.1822 Watten Alexander George, 2.10.1825 Watten Catharen George,
11.11.1827 Watten Donald George, 14.5.1820 Watten George George, 7.9.1817 Watten Helen George, 11.12.1808 Watten John George, 19.3.1814 Halkirk William George.
I have not found birth for Eliza who like Annie I have marrying Alex Doull son of James Doull & Annie McIntosh. she died 1885 Winless, Wick. Helen died 1897 South Dunn Watten. George George died 1877 Hamiton Place, Edinburgh, he married Janet Innes. Alex George died 1873 Grassmarket, Edinburgh. Daniel/Donald died 1882 Glasgow , he married Catherine Ann Finnamore. Catherine Moffat died age 97 at South Dunn Watten 1873. Do you have a marriage or death dates for Catherine & John ?

Kris.

scotsannie
04-Mar-12, 18:03
Kris, Thanks for the above, have sent you a pm
scotsannie

Kris
04-Mar-12, 19:07
Scotsannie I didn't receive it but have sent you a PM.
Kris.

scotsannie
04-Mar-12, 19:16
have sent you my email address hope you get it.

ohoc
20-Apr-12, 17:54
Her is some information from Scotlands People

Watten 4th September 1817-George George in Toftingall & Catherin Mofet his Spouse hada Daughter baptized named Helen before witness George Mack a ___ in Toftingall and Donald Sutherland in South Dunn

Watten 11 Dec. 1808-George George who then lived in Dublin of Ireland and Catherin Mofet his Spouse had a son Baptized named John before witnesses William Sinclair & John Rob both in Cork of Ireland. The father being a native of this Parish of Watten of Caithness and now residing in the Parish was desirous of having his sons name inserted in the register of Baptizms of this Parish

All The Best, All The Time!!

scotsannie
22-Apr-12, 14:54
HI Ohoc,
Thanks for your reply, been on holiday hence the delay in thanking you. I am now ready to pick up from where I left off, will let you know anything I find.