PDA

View Full Version : Life on our Street

chamb
08-Nov-06, 12:17
My family have lived on the same street for nearly 40 years, with alot of good memories, up until a few months ago there has been nothing but sleepless nights.

I have to be honest and say the sleepless nights have not been had by me, i no longer live in the house i grew up in, but my mother does.

She is classed as an OAP, she is a widdower since my dad died 8 years ago, she had to learn to live on her own since i moved out 5 years ago, she was getting on good, she knew she was safe in her own home.

As i said before up until a few month ago is when the trouble started? One of her neighbours was charged with interfearing with a child/children? and got off lightly realy some community service.

That was around April May time i think, then in September was when the real trouble started the first instance of trouble was when nameless people tried to deposit a wheelie bin in a closed back door to the house which is ajoined to my mum. Well to say she was scared shed hadnt a clue what was happening she thought some one was trying to get in her back door the house vibrated so much.

Since that night she has had a telephone installed upstairs, and made sure she had everyones numbers at the ready.

Then a couple of weeks later the front window of the neightbours house was smashed that was about 11 o'clock at night again my mum had just gone to her bed, again scared to the state that she couldnt console herself. She had phoned me, and at that time the police were involved , but nothing seen or seen to be done.

The window was repaired by the council. as the nieghbour in in a council property. The window was only fixed 7 or 8 hours at the most and it was broken again, thankfully my mum was away at this time. But still nothing or know one seen.

Again the window was fixed by the council!!!

Again the window i broken, this time there was 3 or 4 days in between it being fixed and broken again, but this time the window in a pannel that is beside the door was also broken, now this is what scares my mum most that pannel is 3 feet from my mums living room window, and whos to say that they are always going to have there aim correct.

Again the windows were fixed.

Since then there has been large stones found in my mums front garden that have apeared from know where, is that atempts that have gone wrong or a wrong aim??

How long before it goes so wrong that its my mums house they get or they take it a step further than breaking windows? you just dont know how far they will go.

Yet again the window was broken there on saturday night just passed.

If i am honest with you, i have nothing against the neighbour, and until he pleeded guilty to what he was charged with i never in a million years believed it, but i now wonder why would you plead guilty when he could have all the legal aid to fight it????????

We have made our feelings known to the highland council, and made it clear that it is my mums safety that we are worried about, and her health it is doing her no good wondering what will happen next? She has every right to keep her house as its private, so why is she feeling forced to sell, then on the other hand she is not going to get market value if prospective buyers know the goings on.

There is numerous people in the street who are widdowers, or have young children that just dont need thiss happening.

Nothing can be done say the council, everyone has a right to live where thay want. Others from the street have been in touch with John Thurso, who has been seen to neglect the matter.

My view is what has to happen to my mum or any one else in the street before the council will take note? I have sugested going to the papers but again what authority do they have.

Why not move him, well the council say where could they put him that it isnt going to cause problems, i know that in the area i am talking about there is 3 males altogether that are on the sex offenders register, and some are worse offences than that of my mums neighbour but the worry is the way people are targeting him, when he ajoined to my mum.

Is there anyone out there that can help, we need solid advice that is going to help us. Even if anyone knows of the people doing the damage to the neighbour just want to put an end to it for my mums sake, know one should feel unhappy in a home they have brought family up in had such great memories in.

pultneytooner
08-Nov-06, 12:27
If nothing is being done on an official level then maybe it is time to make the situation known to the newspapers then maybe those that are supposed to be responsible for protecting others in that situation will be shamed into doing something about it.

Rheghead
08-Nov-06, 12:34
This is one of reasons why letting it known who is a sex offender in the neighbourhood is maybe not a good thing. An awful predicament I know, but you have my sympathy with the situation.

dpw39
08-Nov-06, 14:31
Hi Chamb,

Due to the delicacy of this nature, I am sending you a pm on this matter.

Ciao,

danc1ngwitch
08-Nov-06, 15:38
This bit of writtin tugs at ur heart, the woman must be at her wits end.
This bit of writtin also angers me, as how can one or more people be so horrid and cruel... I'd be worried sick too... I hope u get something done i really do... people like that seems to get away with a great deal.

98elite
08-Nov-06, 16:02
This bit of writtin tugs at ur heart, the woman must be at her wits end.
This bit of writtin also angers me, as how can one or more people be so horrid and cruel... I'd be worried sick too... I hope u get something done i really do... people like that seems to get away with a great deal.

Agree with your comments dnc1ngwitch although this poor ladies distress appears to be due to the actions of vigilantes don't you think?

sam
08-Nov-06, 20:22
I would say Chamb that you should seek legal advise about what can be done and do things by the book, You could go to the national papers but i would suggest that you seek proper legal advise first.

Your mother has my sympathy for what it is worth, as i can appreciate it must be terrifying for her, not knowing what is going to happen next.
It's sad that someone has to live in fear in their own home due to someone else's action's.

These people have to live somewhere and no one wants them on their doorstep if they are honest, So where do they put them???
Its an ongoing problem all over the world and god only's know's what the answer is, I really hope that your situation can be resolved quickly and your mother can get back to getting on with her life peacefully:(