PDA

View Full Version : Freezing in Thurso Tesco

macrosie
02-Mar-12, 17:27
Just been to Tesco in Thurso for the third time this week and its been absolutely freezing in the shop, apparently the heating isn't working and they have no intention of sorting it soon. Pity the poor staff having to work there, little wonder some have extra layers of clothes and scarves on. Co-op here I come!

pat
02-Mar-12, 18:08
Get staff to check with environmental health or health and safety as there is a temperature for working environment.

poppett
02-Mar-12, 18:30
The warmest place in Tesco this week is beside the freezers!

The heating system has been rubbish long before the shop was Tesco`s.

grumpyhippo
03-Mar-12, 10:55
This is what the law has to say about work place temperature........ http://www.hse.gov.uk/temperature/faq.htm like most management the law is no doubt flexible for them but woe betide an employee who puts half a step over the line!!!

oldmarine
03-Mar-12, 18:21
The lack of shoppers should solve that problem.

standstill
03-Mar-12, 23:09
I hope that Tesco is going to reward their staff for the dedication that they are displaying for working in the cold. There should be a bonus given to each member of staff for putting up with such working conditions. It is ok for us to a point because we are in and out but they have to work in there for a whole shift. I am very disappointed in Tesco.

changilass
03-Mar-12, 23:19
Think Tesco must have decided to cut their lecky bills for lent, was in Tesco at Bridge of Don tonight and half the blooming lights were out.

macrosie
07-Mar-12, 22:15
Just been back in Tessco tonight still freezing, a member of staff told me that the only office in the building that is warm is the managers!! enough said.