PDA

View Full Version : Dead Graphics Card

lambsie
02-Mar-12, 16:12
I think the graphics card has died. When the desktop is booted the monitor goes into sleep mode just after the microsoft tune plays. Tried plugging monitor into other hole but message to use other one on graphics card. Can I just remove the faulty card , plug into the other monitor hole & lash at it or is there more to it! Monitor works fine if connected to laptop. Any suggestions welcome.

DKTC
02-Mar-12, 16:59
I assume by your post that you have a physical graphics card installed in your system, rather than the graphics being integrated onto the motherboard.

Make sure firstly that your system is switched off!

What you can try is to carefully remove the graphics card from the slot, and then reseat it back into the same slot.
Although you might what to blow any dust away from the contacts on the graphics card and from the slot on the motherboard before inserting the card back.
This could possibly resolve you little problem, let us know how you get on?

Good luck

DKTC

Alrock
02-Mar-12, 17:48
Can I just remove the faulty card , plug into the other monitor hole & lash at it.

Yes.......

lambsie
03-Mar-12, 12:13
Tried taking the stoor off of the card but it is dead. Took it out & plugged the monitor into other hole. Up & running again. Thanks folks!