PDA

View Full Version : Confidence Boosting!

Angel
01-Mar-12, 00:34
Have a friend who seems do keep putting a downer on everything... I think he lacks confidence in his abilities.
He is letting himself go downhill, staying at home, not eating properly etc... I don't understand it as he is such a clever person...
Does anyone know anybody who could help hin in anyway... not sure if it's councilling or doctor that would helpful... any ideas!

Then I have to get him there...

Thanks in advance...

Angel...

Fran
01-Mar-12, 03:13
It looks like he is suffering from depression and really needs to see a doctor. Once he is better his confidence will come back. He will need you just now for support to help him get over this. Maybe he has suffered a let down, bad news, a falling out. Depression can be a dreadful thing and the sooner it is seen to the better. Hope things will improve for him very soon. It's good he has such a caring friend.

annemarie482
01-Mar-12, 09:06
Maybe he's happy that way!
Sounds a bit like myself, I'm quite a loner and don't really like my space being invaded lol

weezer 316
01-Mar-12, 12:15
I often wonder about people like that. I swear there is a voice in my head that constantly tells me Im good at things and people like me, even if the exact true is opposite in any given situation!

Errogie
01-Mar-12, 13:03
More social interaction and change of scenery is usually helpful or even a good novel but beware the quick fix of alcohol which is often the classic highland remedy for depression and many other problems.

Corrie 3
01-Mar-12, 15:06
I often wonder about people like that. I swear there is a voice in my head that constantly tells me Im good at things and people like me, even if the exact true is opposite in any given situation!

:roll::roll:;)

Angel
12-Mar-12, 23:56
I agree with the doctor, he is not depressed. But I think I have found the cause silly as it sounds... He shaved off his beard after years as it was going grey. He grew his beard to hide his face.
I agree social interaction is a start... I also suggested pub or club, possibly martial art type thing... also been suggested was a coach... not sure what this is.. any help would be appreciated...

Thank you for all you reply's and PM's

Angel...