PDA

View Full Version : Graham Walker

Gleber2
07-Nov-06, 15:26
This post is for those who remember the man, Graham Walker, as a teenager growing up in Thurso and who might not read the Music forum.
Graham was the drummer in The Web, The Fragments, The Opium Traill, Gale Force 8, The Jam, Spiggy Topes and Gollum the Underdog from 1965 to 1970. He then went to London with A Million People and became a session man of note through the eighties. He achieved international recognition for his drumming with the Gary Moore Band in the nineties and has sessioned for Mick Jagger, George Harrison and Whitesnake as well as many others of note.
He will be appearing at The Lighthouse on Saturday 11th November. Any old friend who would like to see him again, PM me.

Chobbersjnr
08-Nov-06, 03:39
One of my alltime favourite drummers. He's great.

kenimac1
08-Nov-06, 09:41
What a blast from the past. I well mind seeing Gollum the Underdog as a young (very) man.

Chobbersjnr
08-Nov-06, 18:29
What a blast from the past. I well mind seeing Gollum the Underdog as a young (very) man.

some day the time machine will be a household object & I can go back & hear them play. It's frustrating hearing the stories with no sound track

Saturday is as near as I'll get to it I doubt

canuck
10-Nov-06, 00:07
One of my alltime favourite drummers. He's great.

pppsssttt chobbersjnr, I need to talk to you, but quietly.

You tell us that every artist you hear is the best or your alltime favourite. Of course, we trust your judgement. But is this guy really that good, especially if you have never heard him live?

Gleber2
10-Nov-06, 04:38
pppsssttt chobbersjnr, I need to talk to you, but quietly.

You tell us that every artist you hear is the best or your alltime favourite. Of course, we trust your judgement. But is this guy really that good, especially if you have never heard him live?

Chobbersjnr respects Daddy's opinion. He has also heard the recordings. He is that good.

canuck
10-Nov-06, 04:43
Chobbersjnr respects Daddy's opinion. He has also heard the recordings. He is that good.

Well in that case have an absolutely wonderful evening on Saturday.

Gleber2
10-Nov-06, 17:07
Well in that case have an absolutely wonderful evening on Saturday.

I've just heard him play and he is better than ever. BTW, Macbeat(Neil Campbell) is coming also. He is a brilliant musician.

The Pepsi Challenge
10-Nov-06, 17:19
All the best for a good night. Wish I could be there.

cuddlepop
10-Nov-06, 17:21
It'll be a brilliant night,have a great time.:D

Chobbersjnr
11-Nov-06, 02:36
It'll be a brilliant night,have a great time.:D

was jamming earlier & man al'michty I canna wait:D

Ann
11-Nov-06, 10:57
OK Chobbers, you've convinced me; I won't go to Wick to Session A9; I'll come to the lighthouse!

Put me down for 2. :lol:

cuddlepop
11-Nov-06, 15:31
Ann I've kinda lost touch with my music soul,which is not to be recommended.:~( so go get a life fix.
This line up for tonight sounds amazing.Only last week I realised Gleber2 was talking abour Graham Walker who was in the original Jam line up.Weller is my hero, an all round changing man;) .He needed his roots to achieve what he has and Graham was part in parcel of that.
It will be awesome.....

Gleber2
11-Nov-06, 19:57
Ann I've kinda lost touch with my music soul,which is not to be recommended.:~( so go get a life fix.
This line up for tonight sounds amazing.Only last week I realised Gleber2 was talking abour Graham Walker who was in the original Jam line up.Weller is my hero, an all round changing man;) .He needed his roots to achieve what he has and Graham was part in parcel of that.
It will be awesome.....

The Jam that Graham played in was in Thurso in 1968. Ten years before Paul Weller. Johnny Gray on bass and yours truly on guitar.

Ann
11-Nov-06, 20:06
Just checking that you haven't cancelled because of the weather! And you haven't, thank goodness. Steve and I will see you later.

Bobbyian
11-Nov-06, 21:58
Best wishes to all tonight and have a Good one Bob

Ann
12-Nov-06, 02:22
Magic! Yet another great night at the lighthouse; fantastic musicians; many thanks Gleber2 and Chobbersjnr! And a full house even on a night like this; shows how popular these house parties are.
Good to hear Neil Campbell again. Roll on the next date. :)

Moira
12-Nov-06, 02:28
Well worth braving the storm tonight. Fantastic night - well done everyone! :D

The_man_from_del_monte
12-Nov-06, 03:09
Nice show guys.

http://www.antiques-uk-great-britain.co.uk/fatslighthouse.jpg