PDA

View Full Version : Emergency services

Peter161
25-Feb-12, 23:06
A few days ago I read a report about a man who died floating in three feet of water after having had an epileptic fit. The emergency services were on hand but would not enter the water to attempt to rescue this man because they only had level one certificates which allowed them to effect a rescue in six inches of water. The people who could profit the most out of such a situation would be the script writers of Monty Pythons Flying Circus. It would be laughable if sadly it was not true. Any member of the emergency services who subscribes to such innate stupidity is not fit to wear the uniforms that they suit themselves up in. Instead they should hang there heads in shame that they have allowed their occupations to be so downgraded as to make themselves the laughing stock of the planet. The men and women who played even the smallest part in bringing this kind of imbecilic behavior into the world cannot surely stand with honour and pat themselves on the back saying “ job well done “. Any society which reduces itself to such low level behavior and is able to find justification for such behavior is a society at the beginning of the end of its existence.

Gronnuck
25-Feb-12, 23:52
I read extensively on this subject and found that there were emergency workers on site prepared to go into the water. However they were ordered, more than once, not to. Sadly this is the result of an increasingly ligation led culture. Had a worker been injured or died they or their relatives might well have had lawyers encouraging them to sue the employer. Whether you like it or not we get the society we deserve.

Dadie
26-Feb-12, 01:11
its all to do with health and safety ..if they were sacting alone there would be more "safeguards" as in things dont turn out well than if they waded in and the same happened......its a sh1tty one as whatever any one trys it may nit do enough!

Fly
27-Feb-12, 00:04
I have read this too and it is absolutely disgusting. Wonder if the "Health and Safety" lark would go out the window if it happened to be one of their own family???