PDA

View Full Version : Start menu.

2little2late
06-Nov-06, 22:24
What's happened to my start menu? When I click on start and the menu pops up all there is on the start menu are the shortcuts for the internet and email programmes. The other programmes that are used most are not there anymore. How do i get them back on?

Please help.
Windows xp home by the way.

pedromcgrory
07-Nov-06, 12:10
try right clicking start menu then left click properties ul see a tick box choice for 2 different options under start menu tab at home just an idea

blueivy
07-Nov-06, 12:19
What's happened to my start menu? When I click on start and the menu pops up all there is on the start menu are the shortcuts for the internet and email programmes. The other programmes that are used most are not there anymore. How do i get them back on?

Please help.
Windows xp home by the way.

Right click on the Start Menu and you will see two options (as pedromcgrory said). To see your frequently used programs, the top one needs to be highlighted (which says Start Menu). Highlight it and the select the Customize button. In this new window, there is a box which says Number of programs on start menu - make sure it has a number 0. Click all the OKs and your Start Menu will change.

Once you've done this the frequently used programs should come back. Depending on how long it's been gone it may take a while for it to fill up again with your new frequently used programs.