PDA

View Full Version : Lets face it, we all talked about this back in High School

moncur
06-Nov-06, 16:08
Yes folks, we all talked about who was the best singer guitarist, drummer, bassist etc back when we were in high school, regardless of what year we were in.

Who were, in your own opinions, best musicians in your year at school? You can only name people who were in the same year as yourself at school eg. in my year (1996-2002) was:

Bass: Mark Leisk
Drums: Andrew Kirk
Singer: Freya Barker
Fiddle: Isobel Stone.

You get the idea.

Also, who all was caught up in 'rivalry' thought up by other folk, despite being best mates wi the other person? The one i was in was between myself and David Trueman as best guitarist.

Jeid
06-Nov-06, 20:41
Bass: Ben Sutherland, without a doubt.
Drums: Kevin Macleod
Guitar: Me! Woo!
Vocals: Calum Mackay

moncur
06-Nov-06, 21:01

Weren't Logan Foord and Pablo in the same year as you?

WeeBurd
06-Nov-06, 21:48
No, this topic is too frightening, it's bringing back bad memories of horrendous band names, awful haircuts, and songs being absolutely murdered! Thank goodness I lost those videos when I last moved house... [lol]

Jeid
06-Nov-06, 23:29

Yes, but I would obviously pick me. Plus, Paul never played guitar much when I was playing guitar in school and Logan had left.

Reev
07-Nov-06, 00:12

The Pabmeister was an amazing guitarist, could play ANYYTHING, no effort in it at all, when he did play that is, dunno how he is now, yup, he was ACE, dam shame he gave it up, was well lethal, but hey, maybe im biased

Logan was ace too, i jammed with him in ANIVER once, but loag left early on, he was an all rounder aswell

haha, pab was a drummer at one point too LOL

still................SILVERSTONE ROCK, or should i say Silverar......oh yeah

cant say it here, oh and GOLDROCK, if only there was anoter year

PLATINUM PEBBLES

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

zebedy
10-Nov-06, 23:39
Bass: Ben Sutherland, without a doubt.
Drums: Kevin Macleod
Vocals: Calum Mackay

Calum mackay - Legend!?!?!

Live on Voodoqueen/RehabRejects!

Anyone still in contact with callum... That boy sang Twist by Korn like pin point perfect

Jeid
11-Nov-06, 01:47
Rehab Rejects was just one of many names which Calum thought up. Others included Kumsumore and Interloping Fat Magicians With Ginger Hair (Who Eats Spaghetti On Tuesday)

Calum is back home, I was talking to him in Skins the other week.

swavey
11-Nov-06, 15:21
Vocals-Hugh Millar

Guitar-Hugh Millar

Bass-Ben Sutherland

Drums-Frazer Sparling

GRANPA DUKE!!!

loganbiffy
11-Nov-06, 18:56
Bass: Has to be ben/reev. he is quality

Guitar: I aint too sure, pab was quality before he didnt play anymore. quite a few good guitarists from our year.

Drums: David Horne.

Vocals: Calum and myself. seemed to be quite a shortage of vocalists in our year.

Reev
12-Nov-06, 20:34
Vocals-Hugh Millar

Guitar-Hugh Millar

Bass-Ben Sutherland

Drums-Frazer Sparling

GRANNPA DUKE!!! (sorry spelling was off there)

Grannpa Freaking Duke

greatest band name that EVER existed i would have to say,, plus, yeah, i wa sin it, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with the greatest drumme ron the planet

but cmon guys, we cant forget MANSON

:roll: