PDA

View Full Version : Street lights off for weeks

Fran
06-Nov-06, 02:55
It must be 3 weeks now that the street lights have been off in Loch Street, Wick and the street is very dark every night. It is a disgrace that there have been no lights for so long.
If I lived there I think I would stop paying my council tax! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_3_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

Mr P Cannop
06-Nov-06, 07:19
phone the Wick service point

willowbankbear
06-Nov-06, 09:15
Folk in Loch street have been doin that Mr P. Then the Council pass the buck & blame the Hydro board, who in turn blame the Council. So whose fault is it?
If somebody falls because they cant see, the council will be getting sued I would presume?

Mr P Cannop
06-Nov-06, 09:41
no one wants to take the blame

Fran
06-Nov-06, 15:48
Why isn't the local councillor doing anything?

willowbankbear
06-Nov-06, 16:09
It probably hasnt been mentioned to her, but she does come on here , so maybe she will see it on here?

saxovtr
06-Nov-06, 16:21
sum1 shine some light

angela5
06-Nov-06, 16:24
Take it no-one from the council lives in loch street then, as i'm pretty sure if the street lights were out in the street they lived in, it would have been fixed by now.[evil]

obiron
06-Nov-06, 16:32
went down that way last night. boy was it spooky.

moncur
06-Nov-06, 16:39
It must be 3 weeks now that the street lights have been off in Loch Street, Wick and the street is very dark every night. It is a disgrace that there have been no lights for so long.
If I lived there I think I would stop paying my council tax! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_3_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

Hmmm i reckon that due to the time of year, the Hydro boards hamster for that street must have gone into hibernation, thus resulting in the stoppage of the wheel spinning and thus plunging the street into darkness.

The Angel Of Death
06-Nov-06, 17:25
Add to that that loch street has a high proportion of oap's as well some who now have to have a torch to see there way into there house / flat safely for fear of falling

Tom Cornwall
07-Nov-06, 00:37
you should live down here, there are some villages with no street lights. We lived for a short time in Coltishall village, with no street lights, you had to take a torch to the pub. The reasoning was that the villagers thought that if criminals didn't have lights then they wouldn't bother coming,

JAWS
07-Nov-06, 01:28
It's an Energy Saving Excercise.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Nov-06, 08:56
It's an Energy Saving Excercise.

Loch Street first then slowly but surely another street then another street.......mm ok what street is next on the lights out hit list....tee hee.:roll:

The council/Hydro whoever is in charge of lighting will be telling you its part of their energy saving drive and that you should be supporting them for being so considerate to the environment..... :cool:

I see the return of the candle lights and the wee man that went round and lit them now that would save a lot of energy for them ....

Kingetter
07-Nov-06, 09:15
"Roamin' in the gloamin' on the bonnie streets o' Wick,
Roamin' in the gloamin' wi' ma torch by ma side,
When the sun has gone to rest, that's the time that we like least,
O, it's dismal roamin' in the gloamin'!"

Apologies to Sir Harry Lauder etc.

wilma
07-Nov-06, 13:19
The street lights at the top end of williamson street along from the swimming pool has been off for over a month. If i lived in a street that was in darkness for so long i would stop paying my council tax.
It encourages more vandalism[evil]

The Angel Of Death
07-Nov-06, 13:25
I'm supprised that bob the burgular hasnt been out so far the streets we no lights must be rich pickings !!!

willowbankbear
07-Nov-06, 13:37
Nah, they prefer street lights so that nobody suspects them, even with their faces on camera & arms full of somebody elses goodies:eek:

connieb19
07-Nov-06, 22:52
I hope they stay off for a few weeks yet, I'm planning taking up jogging and need somewhere to go. :eek:

pultneytooner
07-Nov-06, 22:54
you should live down here, there are some villages with no street lights. We lived for a short time in Coltishall village, with no street lights, you had to take a torch to the pub. The reasoning was that the villagers thought that if criminals didn't have lights then they wouldn't bother coming,
When they don't have lights I'd imagine that's when they all come out to raid peoples cars and houses.

pultneytooner
07-Nov-06, 22:58
Seems we as a civilisation are going backwards, can't get a doctor, can't get a dentist, poor services, i'e, drains not maintained properly aiding flooding, what next, throwing your urine out the top window as in the good old days?[lol]