PDA

View Full Version : play school

bingocrazy
19-Feb-12, 22:37
Hi there what age is it when your child goes to play school. was told today a couple of school's in Thurso takes children at 2 years old but aint this a bit young?

lisagrace
19-Feb-12, 22:43
they have to be 2 1/2 before march and they are allowed to go for afternoon sessions (not mixing with older children) but yes I think its too young and you have to pay £5 per session. Maybe if a child doesn't go to a toddler group or isn't used to mixing with other children its a good idea but I think they grow up too quick anyway and would like to keep mine at home for as long as possible

squidge
20-Feb-12, 00:34
I have just registered my wee one for play school here in inverness. If your child is 2 before March then you can register them for a place the following school year. Your wee one can get a funded place from the start of the term after they are three. For example, Fi was 2 last July so she can register to start playschool next August and her place is free from then. My boy was 2 in the October and so had to wait til the January for a funded place as that was the start of the term after he was three. Some playschools will let your child start as soon as they are three but you do have to pay until the funding kicks in. So Jh started in October but I paid until the January.

bingocrazy
20-Feb-12, 01:15
I have just registered my wee one for play school here in inverness. If your child is 2 before March then you can register them for a place the following school year. Your wee one can get a funded place from the start of the term after they are three. For example, Fi was 2 last July so she can register to start playschool next August and her place is free from then. My boy was 2 in the October and so had to wait til the January for a funded place as that was the start of the term after he was three. Some playschools will let your child start as soon as they are three but you do have to pay until the funding kicks in. So Jh started in October but I paid until the January.

aww well my one aint 2 until september so 2 and half before i could prob register her

squidge
20-Feb-12, 08:07
You will register her this time next year then. Its usually february. She will be able to get a funded playschool place in January 2014.

Dadie
20-Feb-12, 15:05
Yup I registered Euan and he was only 2 on the 1st of Jan.
The earliest he can go is in October when he is 2 and 9 months(for 3 mornings) if the nursery has places.
If not he will get (for 3 mornings) when he is 3 and I will have to pay for him until Easter(if only he was born 6 hrs earlier as the cut off was the 31st Dec).
As they are funded from the term after their 3rd birthday.
Then when he is funded he can go for all 5 mornings!....