PDA

View Full Version : Planet Earth Programme

highlander
05-Nov-06, 23:05
What a fantastic programme, mother nature is so beautiful, and with the global warming that is mans fault, is so sad to see the beautiful animals suffer for our greed, we are still involving, but have the knowledge to do something before its all to late, are we too greedy to change things, or do we wait untill to point of no return?

_Ju_
05-Nov-06, 23:08
Poor Polar bear, doomed to extintion because the climate warming is melting the ice he needs to be able to feed himself:( We think we own this place, but are just as much in passing as this bear.

highlander
05-Nov-06, 23:12
That was so sad to see Ju, that the poor bear with swim looking for land, but will probably drown before finding it, when u see the penguins all huddle together to save themselves, it was wonderful to see them all pull together to survive.

Wizzbang
06-Nov-06, 01:24
I think we have passed the point of no return already.

For millions of years the earth systems have kept the earth cool in spite of an ever increasing heat output from our sun (our?)
Like all control systems negative feedback limits the violent parameter swings down to a controllable mean

Unfortunately for the Earth it looks to have toppled over the brink into a positive feedback state brought on by excessive amounts of released carbon (That was once safely locked deep under ground) and the natural means of removing it i.e rain forests, plankton, and mans super agriculture

JAWS
06-Nov-06, 01:41
The last several million years is probably the coolest the earth has ever been.

The Earth will survive and adapt, life will survive and adapt, some life forms will become extinct and others will adapt over time to fill the gap they leave.

Humans will panic, as usual, because they think the Earth has always been as we know it and always should be but. with or without us, nothing much will bother the Earth it will just continue in it's own merry way.

When humanity and all the life forms we know are long gone the Earth won't even notice the difference any more than it is missing the dinosaurs.

Just a thought!

sassylass
06-Nov-06, 03:01
It's true Jaws, the earth won't notice when we're gone, but it's sad to know we are the cause of the trouble.

_Ju_
06-Nov-06, 13:30
The last several million years is probably the coolest the earth has ever been.

The Earth will survive and adapt, life will survive and adapt, some life forms will become extinct and others will adapt over time to fill the gap they leave.

Humans will panic, as usual, because they think the Earth has always been as we know it and always should be but. with or without us, nothing much will bother the Earth it will just continue in it's own merry way.

When humanity and all the life forms we know are long gone the Earth won't even notice the difference any more than it is missing the dinosaurs.

Just a thought!

I have no doubt that earth and life will survive, but as was said in Star Trek: Captain, It's life, but not as we know it!;)

midi2304
06-Nov-06, 16:10
I have to say that I feel my yearly licence fee is worth it purely for this proram.

Some of the photography is just breathtaking. I also really enjoyed the last 15 minutes or so where you got to learn a bit more about the photographers taking all the pictures.

Far and away the best program on TV at the moment.

badger
06-Nov-06, 19:30
Thought the cameramen were fantastic - so dedicated and brave. Amazing shots of penguins keeping each other warm - why can't people be so caring?

JAWS
06-Nov-06, 22:05
Dangerous things, them penguins. Quite vicious with those beaks! Ouch!