PDA

View Full Version : Baz the Beardie

therealducati
18-Feb-12, 13:30

We had to have our beautiful, mad, exasperating, hairy boy euthanased yesterday :( as he had a tumour in his chest. He was only 2yo and we only owned him for a year and 6 days but he made a big impact on our lives and will be sadly missed. He loved the 10 cats (see picture), our other dog Kayli and everyone he met and had an incredible enjoyment of life. He is “Mr. February” in the KWK9 calendar and we are finding that comforting rather than distressing.
Thanks to KWK9 for introducing us to the Galloot and to Fiona at Wick vets who made his last moments peaceful and free from distress.

Torvaig
18-Feb-12, 14:15
I feel for you; but Baz has had a short but happy life with you and you will have many lovely memories to keep you going.

Going by his picture on the calendar he certainly had a good time and it's obvious the cat were terrified of him!

He was a lucky boy....

poppett
18-Feb-12, 14:19
My deepest sympathy for your sad loss.

I only saw the "bag of rags" once when dropping off my car, but he touched my heart. May you find comfort in your happy memories in the difficult times ahead.

doyle
18-Feb-12, 15:56
Sorry to hear of your sad loss Ducati. He sounds very much like our beardie, mad, enjoys life, loves everyone (including the chickens!), watches tv, knows every word we say (i'm sure she's been here before!) I truly dread when we have to say goodbye, it will be like a light going out in our lives :( You said he made a big impact on your lives - i'm sure by the sounds of him, you made a big impact on HIS! Love the pictures - handsome boy. RIP

cuddlepop
18-Feb-12, 16:44
As a fellow Beardie owner I can associate with the "mad" beardie.These dogs really are the clown of the K9 world and once "owned" are forever in our hearts.

Words are never eneogh at a time like this,bug hugs are required.

Iffy
18-Feb-12, 16:56
My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. :~(

As others have already said he sounded a really happy boy and he looks gorgeous in the photo with his feline friends.

I'm having a hard time just now with our "bairn", C-For, our cat of 18 years. She has just been diagnosed with kidney failure !! :~( So I can understand how you must be feeling.

RIP wee boy, bigs hugs to you; his "family". XX

Liz
20-Feb-12, 13:22
I am so very, very sorry that you've had to say goodbye to your beautiful Baz far too soon! :(

His photos on the KWK9 calendar are great and show his wonderful character.

Sending big cyberhugs. xx

Sarah
20-Feb-12, 18:49
I saw Baz on Facebook, so sorry for your loss. Especially hard as he was so young :(